+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Just so over work, suddenly stopped coping

Ok, so I realise some people have really bad pregnancies, so much worse than mine, but this week when I tell myself that it just doesn't snap me out of it. Hence this whinge.

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I had my GTT two hour test today. It absolutely knocked me out. I'm a migraine sufferer and my back has been killing me and sitting for 2 hours in those crappy doctor's chairs with no food except sugar water and getting drained every hour has just done me in.

I tried to go to work afterwards but my head was killing me, my back was killing me, I was having a sugar crash, I'm stressed about probably having gestational diabetes, I'm also anaemic and I just want to cry all the time. I had to go home but I just feel so guilty.

My head has been hurting non stop for four days, I can't sleep at night, there's so much to do before the baby comes. I'm trying so hard to prove to people at work that pregnancy is not affecting my performance (I keep getting the 'I worked until my due date'/ 'I remember being 8.5 months pregnancy and waddling down to court for a trial' etc).

I don't know, it's like I've lost it this week. Completely hit a wall and there is no way in hell I can get time off work without looking bad (despite having 70 sick days saved up). I keep thinking if my head would stop hurting I could control everything again, but I don't know.

I'm hoping this is just one of those weeks. Thanks to anyone who managed to read my self-indulgent whinge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take some sick days. Does it really matter what anyone thinks? You obviously need some time off. See your doctor, get a note and take some time off to take care of yourself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

You are growing a baby!!! Take those damn sick days - no one will thank you for not taking them, and you have a legitimate reason! Who cares what they think, you need to take care of YOU! Everyone's pregnancy is different, your body is telling you to rest, you don't want to be utterly exhausted by the time your baby arrives. I hope you feel better soon.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (29-08-2012),Sally1981  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Just so over work, suddenly stopped coping

Have you used lavander oil for your migraines before? I get them all the time and I find putting some on my pillow before going to sleep or having a nap really helps..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jess1992 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I get them all the time but I was told by Both my FS and GP to take a daily dose of aspirin to thin my blood. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I haven't had one since.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose1 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm also anaemic. I sympathise!! Headaches and migraines can go hand in hand with low iron. It's very frustrating!
    Take your sick days!!!! Your health and your baby are way more important than anything else. I'm struggling with work too and hate the judgements from others. Forget about them as annoying as that is.
    But do what you need. Take tomorrow off!!! Your body is telling you to rest!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I know it's easier said than done, but it sounds like a day or two (or more if you can manage it) off work would work wonders ... Sleep in, have long baths, watch crappy movies, do whatever you want - don't run around trying to get stuff done, there is time and it WILL all get done.

It's a crazy part of pregnancy, but somehow the tireder you are, the harder it is to sleep! Last pregnancy I ended up getting a sleeping tablet from the pharmacy and took 1 as I was so exhausted and in such a state, and after 1 nights good sleep I felt infinitely better - not saying this is what you need, but good to know there are options out there.

And don't worry about what others think - or what you think others are thinking - it only gets worse once bubba arrives! - just focus on looking after you and your little one.

Hope you are feeling better soon - its tough work, be kind to yourself xo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bub4rosie For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont worry about others hun you need to rest and think about you and bub who care it they work right though ever one has diffrent pregnancy and health issues I too was low in iron witch take alot out of you when pregnant.Could you do less hours at work can you take work home so you could rest then when feeling better do some hope tomorrow you feel better I too have used lavander oil and it works well.All the best for the rest of the pregnancy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tigerchick For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the responses ladies. I do need to get my priorities straight (although, of course, I'm typing this from work). I find lavender oil very soothing but it aggravates my husband's asthma.

Bluerose, did you get aspirin signed off by your OB? Aspirin is great for migraines but I was told not to take it. Maybe I should approach my OB about it again. Of course, Imigran is the best, but we're not allowed to take it.

I'm going to take a sick day soon. I'm not hopeful about the diabetes test (despite having absolutely none of the risk factors!) so I'll wait until that little gem comes rolling back in and then take some time to try to figure it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes sally it was signed off by my OB i just have to stop taking it at 36 weeks just for when i go into labour.