+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much would you spend

I'm interested to find out from parents:

How much would you spend on your kids bday party? Say from age 8 and up?

So the spend would be on 'entertainment' for the kids.

Eg like hiring a clown (or similar - I personally hate clowns but couldn't think of anything else)

The entertainment would be for roughly 1-1.5 hours.

Not a 'babysitting' service

And it would be an activity that the kids would do, and they would get to keep what they made

Is it something you would consider for your kids party?

Thanks
    Reviews

We are hiring out a gymnastics venue and teacher/party host for DDs 6th birthday party this year.
    It goes for 2 hours and the host takes them through planned activities and games for the duration.
    It is $15 per child for 10-15 children and $20 per child for 15-20 children.

That's no food or drinks..
    It's out first kids party where we have had anything other than a home party with normal party games so hope it works out okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always have entertainment at a party. Either a clown (200) or a jumping castle (350+) then food and presents. cheapest party I've ever done was at a indoor play Center, 11 kids 5 adults all food presents everything for $500!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We have a $150 limit. From about 8 we tend to movies/bowling etc with a few friends rather than a party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have hired a Fairy (which was fantastic) and jumping castles. The average hire fee for both was about $250 each plus then all the food, decos etc. I have also done Lollipops which was about $19 a head. We have been to a Bowling Party and a Motiv8 party. The latter was recent and absolutely fantastic. It went for 3 hours and it was all different sports activities. The rest have been either Maccas, Hungry Jacks, Lollipops or at their home.

I would absolutely look at different options. Are you looking at doing something?
    Last edited by 3InATub; 28-08-2012 at 18:58. Reason: Added more info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

This year ( DS is 2!) we are hiring a jumping castle ($200) and a face painter that also does balloon animals ($120 ) most if my nieces after the age of 6 don't do parties at home any more, so far we've been to: laser tag, put put golf, disco party, play centre party, bowling party, ice skating party, super model party, parties in the park , party at a wildlife centre and this Sunday my niece is having a pool party at the Sydney aquatic centre

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks everyone