+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sterile water injections for back pain in labour?

Has anyone tried these? I had the worst back pain for both labours and the midwife offered them to me while I was in labour with DS - I had never heard of them at the time and it was all a bit too much to agree to when I had not looked into it previously. I was also afraid if the back pain goes-I'll have no distraction for the horrendous pain I was having at the front. I am thinking of them for this labour but I have heard they REALLY hurt! which sounds silly when you compare it to labour pain but it's still putting me off a bit! So - if you had them what did you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I would never do them again, the pain is not worth it. They inject you 4 times whilst you're having contractions, I couldn't suck on the gas because I was screaming, my DH was very concerned for me. I didn't find they helped very much either. For back pain I would highly recommend a TENS machine, helped so much but I had to stop using it because they had to put a clip on ds head for monitoring, hence why they offered me the injections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Sterile water injections for back pain in labour?

I had them and they did 4 needles at once.

Most horrifically painful moment of my life. I full open lung screamed and then just cried after because it was so awful.

BUT within 5 minutes my labour was bearably painful. I'd been in so much pain before I was so broken I was laying on the floor crying and I was much much much more able to handle things without the back pain.

So. Man. It was worth it but knowing what would be coming I'd never do it again. Sorry. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Double

Thanks
    Reviews
    They were horrifically painful and I screamed louder during them than during any other point of labour... But like boobycino, within minutes (maybe even seconds) my labour became bearable. The pain in my back almost went away and I managed the rest of the labour with only gas, whereas before I had the water injections I was asking for pethidine. I would definitely have them again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Like the others said it was horribly painful. I screamed at the top of my lungs. They did nothing for me. I'd never get them again.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sure it worked instantly. But about 5 minutes later I was having an embarrassed laugh about screaming. So 5 minutes later I was in good spirits BETWEEN CONTRACTIONS. For me the saline took away that I was in constant back pain. I could actually recover between contractions.

But I'd rather push out the baby than get saline. Though in comparison actually birthing her was pretty easy. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was wanting peth. I was laying on the floor crying and begging for drugs. But I was 8cms dilated. It was too late.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hmmm. I'm not so sure then! My back pain lasts the entire labour and worsens with contractions. I use a tens machine as long as possible but I get in the shower and bath so has to come off then. My sister tried to massage my back for me...I had bruises from how hard she was pressing. I am still undecided!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I had them and they were amazing!!! They did hurt a whole heap, but my back pain was instantly relieved. I went from getting ready to ask for an epi to not needing it at all.