+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Which celebrity chef can you not stand?

Ah yes and the alive an cooking dude. Eww. Everything seems to come out of a packet

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    That guy who host Alive and cooking on channel nine...he really creeps me out for some reason.
    Oh me too!! He's so creepy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Paula Deen annoys also and OMG her food is all butter...

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kylie Kwong.... did u know she is Chinese :tongue:

KYLIE KWONG DRINKIN GAME (from http://www.sarahcooks.com.au/2008/12...king-game.html)
    Next time there's a Kylie Kwong marathon screening on Lifestyle food, you can play this fun drinking game with your friends. You will need a TV with Foxtel, and lots of alcohol.

Now, every time one of the following events occur, take a sip:

1. Kylie makes her version of a Chinese dish, which involves pouring hot peanut oil over garlic/ginger/shallots/chilli/brown sugar/light soy/Chinese cooking wine.

2. Kylie says the words "garlic, ginger and shallots" or "depth of flavour".

3. Kylie does something odd and the locals look at her like she's really weird.

4. Kylie says "the Chinese" or "we Chinese" as if she's actually Chinese and not just a 5th-generation Australian selling her Asianness to the highest bidder.

5. Kylie changes her faux-Chinese tunic.

6. Kylie tries to pronounce a Chinese word in a super-broad Aussie accent.

7. Kylie tries to talk to someone, and the camera quickly pans away to give the translator time to come in and explain to her what's going on.

8. Kylie backs away while talking to the camera and bumps into someone, without saying sorry or acknowledging them.

9. Kylie barks at someone in English, as if talking louder will make her easier to understand.

10. Kylie barges into someone's kitchen and they nod politely as they taste her Kylie-fied version of their dish.
    BONUS: If Kylie eats a char siu pau with chopsticks, you must down your glass.

***Disclaimer: This is a joke. Don't actually play this drinking game. Sarah Cooks does not encourage the consumption of alcohol in excessive quantities. Or eating paus with chopsticks.***

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (03-09-2012),lovesushi  (28-08-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another Janellea Purcell hater here. i know it's called "good chef bad chef" and that she is meant to be the "good" chef (healthy, vegan etc) but the way she treats that male chef (who I like, can't think of his name) constantly bags his food and compares it with her bland seeds and grains sh!te really annoys me!
    I agree, Huey is not very innovative, but that's him- he's a simple chef and his recipes are meant to be non fuss house wifey stuff.. although he does love to garnish everything with a "dollop of cream", LOL!
    I'm watching Anthony Bourdain 'No Reservations' on channel Gem right now- LOVE him! He is a chef but not your conventional cooking show, if you haven't watched the show do so, it's fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews

Neil Perry (for aforementioned hair issues), Janelle Purcell and Pete Evans.

Bill Granger is also just a little bit too oddly smiley for me - but i like his food and he is getting better so I can deal with him.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I can't stand any of the master chef guys. Especially bullfrog! Eww

And Justine annoys me coz she talks with her hands too much.. So annoying
    hahahaha, bullfrog lol.. we call him a walrus

And Justine DOES talk with her hands too much, glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. But other than that I like her, she seems very genuine and nice. DH has a crush on her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't like Janelle Purcell either, she just comes across as very up herself and is such a cow to her male co-host on good chef/bad chef, her attitude really cheeses me off.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I can't stand Bill Granger - his smile annoys the patooty out of me! Haha
    And another one for Janelle Purcell! Grrrrr

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    oh i like Janealla.... she is super smart.

Heaps of the other do annoy me though - Anthony Bourdin LOVES himself soo much and his food is god awful.