+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are you happy with your steelcraft strider?

I currently have a Phil & Teds Dash, and was thinking of swapping to a steelcraft strider plus.. they both weigh around the same..any con & pro's please.. or should i just keep with the dash? don't have any issues with it, but im going to use it for ds who is 2 next month and a newborn. so yeah, wondering if it's better to change? thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I looooovvvveeee mine!!!

Used it with the carseat/capsule when DD was little and now use it with normal seat.

I had been told I might have problems going through some checkouts etc coz of how wide it is but I havent had any problems yet.. It is wider than others though.

I was able to lift it in and out of car with ease even after a c section so it's not particularly heavy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Love love love it.

I bought it before DD was born, and she is now 26mths and it's still going strong.

We started with the capsule, which was fantastic, and then when she hit 9kg she 'graduated' to the seat. I also used the bassinet part for her to have day sleeps in.

I use it all the time. It's sturdy enough to handle pretty 'off road' terrain (big muddy hills, etc.) and I take it to shopping centres a few times a week and have never had an issue there.

It moves really well - will turn on the spot, and I love the giant basket underneath it, which is perfect for loading up with Christmas shopping!

I love that DD can face me. She's always been an early (and good) talker, and I think part of that is to do with time spent in the pram where we talk/ interact all the time.

I had a c-section too, and no problems lifting it. It's been around the world with me on a few holidays too, although I did buy a small buggy type pram when we went to Hong Kong (lots of lifting prams up and down stairs).

Did I mention I loved it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, love it, very sturdy with a huge basket. The only slight draw back is that its very wide which can be a pain in some shops. I even managed to fit mine in the back of my Barina ( with a seat folded down!!)

Thanks
    Reviews

I love mine too but I wish it had air tyres.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like it but it's too wide, also the wheels are a bit clunky. Sometimes when I push it up hill I find it a bit heavy!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Love mine. I have a new born capsule for it too...very convenient. Only downside is its hard for dd in second seat to get in and out. It's sturdy but awkward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They have just released a new Strider called the Strider compact....its more narrow and weighs less and has more seating configurations.

I love my Strider

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScrambledPancakes For This Useful Post:

kezanazz  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I have the original strider which I used for DD who is now 4, and now for DS 5 mths. Love it, it's been used for loads of walking and still looks I pretty good shape.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Are you happy with your steelcraft strider?

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledPancakes View Post
    They have just released a new Strider called the Strider compact....its more narrow and weighs less and has more seating configurations.

I love my Strider
    I got a demonstration of the Strider compact today (walked into the baby store as the sales rep was demonstrating it to the store workers) & must admit its pretty cool. It's on my maybe list!

Me 27 - with DS, 7, DD, 2, and beanie due 1/5/13!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue&Pink For This Useful Post:

disco86  (28-08-2012)