+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default After BC advise... please!

Hi TTCers,

I was hoping to ask for your advise... I went off BC in July and now waiting for AF to come... I'm 3 days late (if I am working on my old 28 day cycle). I know it can take a while to get back on track after BC but then a lot of people say you're the most fertile the month you come off BC (depending on the person of course!) We did DTD in the days leading up to 'O' week then used withdrawal (sorry if TMI!) during 'O' week as we weren't going to TTC until October .

How long do you think I should wait until I test to see if I UTD? I have none of the usual signs of AF or being UTD... so a bit confused what's going on but I think my body is just trying to sort its self out after 4yrs on BC.

What do you think? I've read to wait 3 months before testing after BC but I think that's too long... any advise would be great!!

Thank you

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have an 8 year old that was conceived first month off the pill...was a big shock as I had been on birth control for a LONG time.

Depending upon what you want is when you test. I tested at day 38 (lol) because i desperately wanted a burger...and I had not eaten red meat in 6 years! So, we went and got a test and a burger....both were all good!

TTC can be hard and sometimes easy...good old mother nature likes to keep us guessing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first cycle off the pill was 42 days long. Its up to you when you test, good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies. I testing this morning... negative. I couldn't wait as we have a couple of social things coming up, starting to night so had to know if i could have a glass of wine!

I was relieved as we weren't going to start trying until October but at the same time a little disappointed just proves to me that I really do want to be a mummy soon!

Let's hope AF comes soon as goes easy on me!

Thanks again

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi Jb2011 - you sound exactly the same as me!!!

I went off the pill in July and was planning on taking a very relaxed approach to it all...
    Hubby & I are happy for it to happen when it happens.
    I was sure I would be back to a 28 Day Cycle - as I had been before BC.
    Well my period didn't come until day 35..
    So for the week waiting for my period - I was sure I was pregnant.... reading too much into information on the internet (as you do!) and I was sure I had symptoms (or just hoping I did)
    When my period did come I was both relieved but a little bit disappointed too!
    I did a few preg tests between day 28 & 35 and all negative of course and then my period came.
    And I was anxious to know how many days my cycle was - the first month off BC it's really hard to know what's going on.
    So the "symptoms" were just my body adapting to being off BC I think. Moody, tired & headaches. All similar to preg symptoms, especially if you are hoping that's what it will be!
    So this month I'm not reading anything! I think it will take a few months off BC to have more of an idea of how many days my cycle is and have more of an idea of when I'm ovulating.
    I hope you get your cycle worked out soon too!