+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,337
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    2,198
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    1000mg day & night. My seizures improved until I wasn't getting much sleep (being bigger/toilet during night) which was strange I thought.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    1000mg day & night. My seizures improved until I wasn't getting much sleep (being bigger/toilet during night) which was strange I thought.
    Hi Monnie, just wondering how you got on with your baby? Hope you are well and those pesky seizures are staying away!!!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,337
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    2,198
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello!!!

    Bubs is 6 weeks old now I had her early at 38&4 because my seizures were more frequent (petite mal) I think due lack of sleep. But since then none which is my world record! Bubs has a heart murmur which I of course think is due to my medications.

    How are you going?!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Hello!!!

    Bubs is 6 weeks old now I had her early at 38&4 because my seizures were more frequent (petite mal) I think due lack of sleep. But since then none which is my world record! Bubs has a heart murmur which I of course think is due to my medications.

    How are you going?!
    Congratulations!!! Great news about your seizures, is the heart murmur a minor problem? Does it require treatment? How are you finding the sleepless nights? Are you breastfeeding with the meds?

    I'm good, we started trying last month, but no luck yet. Fingers crossed for this month!!!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hello ladies, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and yours and your bubs conditions.

    Your kind advise, comments or further update with your situation will be very much appreciated as I'm planning to start a family and I've been on keppra for 7yrs. My doc said there is no thorough research on keppra's effect on babies during and post pregnancy. Other than monnie24's bub had heart murmurs (which I hope is getting better), any other bubs had conditions that maybe related to the meds you are taking?

    I've only had seizures in my sleep (mostly when I miss my meds n lack of sleep).

    Also, im concern abt breast feeding while on meds... Please share your thoughts and experience?

    the pharmaceutical companies are not being very helpful at the moment with my enquires...

    looking forward to to hearing from you!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,337
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    2,198
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzieTM View Post
    Hello ladies, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and yours and your bubs conditions.

    Your kind advise, comments or further update with your situation will be very much appreciated as I'm planning to start a family and I've been on keppra for 7yrs. My doc said there is no thorough research on keppra's effect on babies during and post pregnancy. Other than monnie24's bub had heart murmurs (which I hope is getting better), any other bubs had conditions that maybe related to the meds you are taking?

    I've only had seizures in my sleep (mostly when I miss my meds n lack of sleep).

    Also, im concern abt breast feeding while on meds... Please share your thoughts and experience?

    the pharmaceutical companies are not being very helpful at the moment with my enquires...

    looking forward to to hearing from you!
    Hello my son was perfectly healthy at birth and for two weeks (until he contracted a virus) similar to a cold virus. Are you on FB. There is a epilepsy Australia page. Lots of people can offer advice.

    When he was sick, they did give him my medications as they thought he may of been addicted like heroine babies as he was having seizures.

    Just make sure you take EXTRA folate I took 3 tabs a day. My neuro said more meds transfer to baby in utero than in breast milk (which does make sense)

    Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

    LizzieTM  (12-05-2014)

  8. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks monnie24. I'll look the fab page up! Cheers!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Epilepsy/ seizures
    By Mel2045 in forum Serious Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-07-2012, 18:07
  2. Has anyone else had Epilepsy during Pregnancy?
    By LimeGiraffe in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-02-2012, 12:38
  3. Epilepsy- how was it diagnosed?
    By BarefootedMumma in forum General Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23-01-2012, 20:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!