+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    1000mg day & night. My seizures improved until I wasn't getting much sleep (being bigger/toilet during night) which was strange I thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    1000mg day & night. My seizures improved until I wasn't getting much sleep (being bigger/toilet during night) which was strange I thought.
    Hi Monnie, just wondering how you got on with your baby? Hope you are well and those pesky seizures are staying away!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello!!!

Bubs is 6 weeks old now I had her early at 38&4 because my seizures were more frequent (petite mal) I think due lack of sleep. But since then none which is my world record! Bubs has a heart murmur which I of course think is due to my medications.

How are you going?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Hello!!!

Bubs is 6 weeks old now I had her early at 38&4 because my seizures were more frequent (petite mal) I think due lack of sleep. But since then none which is my world record! Bubs has a heart murmur which I of course think is due to my medications.

How are you going?!
    Congratulations!!! Great news about your seizures, is the heart murmur a minor problem? Does it require treatment? How are you finding the sleepless nights? Are you breastfeeding with the meds?

I'm good, we started trying last month, but no luck yet. Fingers crossed for this month!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and yours and your bubs conditions.

Your kind advise, comments or further update with your situation will be very much appreciated as I'm planning to start a family and I've been on keppra for 7yrs. My doc said there is no thorough research on keppra's effect on babies during and post pregnancy. Other than monnie24's bub had heart murmurs (which I hope is getting better), any other bubs had conditions that maybe related to the meds you are taking?

I've only had seizures in my sleep (mostly when I miss my meds n lack of sleep).

Also, im concern abt breast feeding while on meds... Please share your thoughts and experience?

the pharmaceutical companies are not being very helpful at the moment with my enquires...

looking forward to to hearing from you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzieTM View Post
    Hello ladies, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and yours and your bubs conditions.

Your kind advise, comments or further update with your situation will be very much appreciated as I'm planning to start a family and I've been on keppra for 7yrs. My doc said there is no thorough research on keppra's effect on babies during and post pregnancy. Other than monnie24's bub had heart murmurs (which I hope is getting better), any other bubs had conditions that maybe related to the meds you are taking?

I've only had seizures in my sleep (mostly when I miss my meds n lack of sleep).

Also, im concern abt breast feeding while on meds... Please share your thoughts and experience?

the pharmaceutical companies are not being very helpful at the moment with my enquires...

looking forward to to hearing from you!
    Hello my son was perfectly healthy at birth and for two weeks (until he contracted a virus) similar to a cold virus. Are you on FB. There is a epilepsy Australia page. Lots of people can offer advice.

When he was sick, they did give him my medications as they thought he may of been addicted like heroine babies as he was having seizures.

Just make sure you take EXTRA folate I took 3 tabs a day. My neuro said more meds transfer to baby in utero than in breast milk (which does make sense)

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

LizzieTM  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks monnie24. I'll look the fab page up! Cheers!