+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Night weaning

Does anyone have any tips on night weaning my 16 month old? We have just come home from a sleep clinic but I'm not sure its helped a lot. I am pretty sure going from having it on tap all night to nothing was too much, he became very upset and clingy during the day. He used to go to sleep with the boob so he is getting very upset about this.

We are having another baby in a few months so I'm happy if it takes a while so its easier for him but I'm just wondering, is it better to just go cold turkey (he still has a feed before bed) and be strict and say no? Or give him 1 or 2 at night but not let him fall asleep on it? He gets very upset going to sleep because he doesn't have his boob so at the moment I'm cuddling him to sleep.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Night weaning

I had to night wean my 16 month old son last month for medical reasons (he's diabetic and the night feeds were sending his blood glucose sky high). I highly recommend the Jay Gordon night weaning method I thought he would never night wean, but it happened within three nights.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Night weaning

Thanks we will give that a go. He went a few nights with only 1 feed but he screamed for ages numerous times a night (I was there cuddling him though) but doesn't seem to be getting any better, its been a week now of that! I did start giving him a few more feeds the past couple of nights but I'm not sure if I've made it worse. He doesn't eat properly during the day which I am sure is because of how much he drinks at night so I'm trying to increase his food and with less feeds I'm hoping he starts getting used to it.