+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 11 weeks and wisdom tooth is killing me!

Hi

I woke up very early this monring with lower left wisdom tooth bothering me again and bad ear ache. Ive had grumbles before in the past but nothing like this! Its really hurting. I took 2 paracetamol this morning (this is fine) and now its wearing off again and im suffering badly! The dentist cant see me til tomoorw morning. They did an xray in december. If they need to do a new xray will i be safe with the speacial lead guard they put on you?

What if it needs to be removed? Is this a possibility?

Help!!! im hurting!! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Xrays are not really safe at any stage of pregnancy as far as I'm aware. However, I had a tooth pulled at about 13 weeks and they just did it without an xray. I guess it will depend on the tooth and how your dentist feels about it. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm yeah I would agree, avoid the x-ray!

Hope you find a way to manage it, tooth aches really do suck

Thanks
    Reviews

I managed my wisdom tooth by gurgling salt water regularly to kill any bacteria that may be causing an infection, that teemed with panadol, it really helped and the pain went away in a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had a wisdom tooth out at 14 weeks.
    My dentist told me they needed an X-ray to determine where the root was etc
    I chose to do it - my choice, talked all the risks over with the dentist. They took every precaution. Being as its on your face and done very quick I think the risk is minimal.
    I had to have mine pulled as I had an infection in my jaw but wouldve done it anyway.

I'd talk to your dentist first before doing anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am a dental nurse and yes they probably will need an xray before agreeing to pulling the tooth out as the roots could be twisted.
    getting an xray isnt that bad.
    firstly because you have a lead apron on that protects all the important organs including your uterus and baby,
    and secondly, because the beam of xrays are directed specifically at the tooth and guided by a tube so the actual rays are concentrated on the area of the tooth not your whole body. it is more dangerous to let the tooth go untreated and risk the possibility of infection or absess becuase infection in the mouth is very close to the brain and can turn nasty very quicky. leaving any sore tooth untreated can lead to infection. i would go speak to you doctor firstly..
    if you have had xrays done in the past they may be able to look on older xrays at the shape of the tooth. good luck xx hope this has helped.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to w8ting4baby For This Useful Post:

debsi  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks all. Dentist couldnt see the wisdom tooth as very inflamed so gave me cilamox antiobiotics (she said was fine to take and said to check with doc who said was fine). although earache has gone my face has swelled up around jaw line which could be side effect. she said to call back tomoorw if im still worried!

Thanks
    Reviews

I would speak to the dentist again. Swelling near the jaw probably is from an abscesses tooth.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had problems with my wisdom teeth when I was 14 weeks pregnant, my while face swelled up and I could eat or talk or move my mouth for 2 weeks. I was in so much pain I could sleep at night and I had to put ice on mu cheeks the whole time, then I had fever due to the wisdom teeth and etc. It was nightmare! Dentist gave me some antibiotics and told me that once the swelling goes down I should have it removed ASAP to avoid further problems and leaving it might cause mote complications to the baby. I took the antibiotics and the pain and the swelling went away. I never went back to extract the tooth. And the problem never came back. Now almost 2 years later baby number 2 is due in few weeks, then I really need to pay the dentist a visit! Lol
    Good luck!