+ Reply to Thread
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What would you do re: daycare & TT

So DDs doing really well TT

Long story short, I've taken her nappy off during the day (& daytime naps)

she only missed one wee yesterday, was dry for her nap & dry for outing to shops yesterday.

I put a nappy on for bed last night however she didnt use it & got up & used the potty this morning.

So..

Shes usually goes to daycare today & I don't know if I want to send her because they don't TT like we are.

They make the children go at a certin times, and if they miss, they put a nappy back on

Also DD is only taking herself/asking 50% of the time, the other 50% is on my asking/suggesting she goes.

I'm also rewarding her with lollies which they won't do.

I'm worried she'll miss & they'll put a nappy back on her. She might even miss a couple of times if they don't ask her regularly I don't know because I remind her often.

I understand she can't be running around the centre weeing & pooing everywhere, but I'm positive she won't, if they ask her often & don't restrict her toilet use.

However, with 20 other toddlers in the room, I'm not sure how active they'll be (or be able to be) in being on top of her to use the toilet regularly.

Would you keep her home for another day? Or possibly the week?

We introduced the toilet about a week and a bit a go (on her request) and she's only been nappy free for 2 days and picking up toileting really quickly so I'm thinking another day or two & shell be "fully" TT/rarely missing if at all.

Am I being a bit delirious? Thinking TT only takes a few days/keeping her home for an extra day will make any difference?

I always thought TT was such a long process but she's doing so well & seems to be enjoying it too

I'm just so excited & proud I really don't want her back in nappies.

Wwyd?
    Last edited by AndrewTheEmu; 28-08-2012 at 07:38.

Thanks
    Reviews

She's 27 mnths.

Just to clarify..

when I say we introuded the toilet a week ago, I mean we sat her on it in the morning & before her bath at night & made a big fuss if she did anything.

2 days ago I took her nappy off in the morning & told her to use the potty & she's only used the potty/toilet since then. Only put a nappy on at night (both nights she held on till morning) & she 'missed' one wee both yesterday & day before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Part of the care your child should be receiving is TT. If she asks they should be able to take her and if they refuse than to be honest you're not getting what you're paying for and I'd consider taking her to a different centre. I'd send her with a few changes of clothing telling them she is NOT to be put back into a nappy. Just tell them they need to remind her say once every hour and after eat time/sleep time etc.

They won't offer lollies as rewards which is fair enough but they could offer a stamp or a sticker. That's what they do at my child's childcare centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Oh I dont know!! That would be a hard one. Sounds like she is doing really well though!!! I'm not sure what I would do but I'd say I'd inclined to keep her home! I'm not sure how that all works with daycare though. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks and I'm sure if she asks they will defiantly take her, however she's only asking/taking herself half of the time.

The rest of the times she's going because I remind her (eg 'make sure you do your wee's & Poo's on the pot', and she runs off to do it)

At daycare they will take them if they ask, and put them on the toilet 'at nappy change times'. I just don't have much faith they'll ask DD regularly if she needs to go.

And if they don't ask & she happens to wet herself, they will put a nappy back on her.

They also put all kids in nappys for nap time until they're fully TT (I assume to keep the beds hygienic) but I really don't want a nappy on her AT ALL because she will probably use it.. Although she didn't last night/night before.. So maybe she will hang on.

I think I'll keep her home today & relax my requests & see how she goes. If she takes herself often without my asking, I'll be more confident to send her tomorrow.

I've thought about changing centers many times. I really don't like the 'one size fits all' approach or really strict routines, but there just isn't anything else in the area. Waiting lists at most centers are 500 families long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's similar to us AndrewtheEmu.. our waiting lists are massive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Our daycare centre was very supportive and did it exactly the way you mentioned in the OP. Our DD was 18mths at the time and they did try their best (there were a few misses) but I packed heaps of spare undies and pants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Our day are actually mostly TT's DD1 for me.
    They reminded all the tots at regular intervals to go to the toilet and cause they were all doing it DD1 who was the younger in the group went along with it too - it was great.

I always sent a half dozen spare knickers and spare pants/skirts