+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    Hi There,

I attempted a VBAC2 at Dandenong (Public). My Obs was Dr Jorg Kemper in Berwick. He is both a public and private OBs so was perfect for my needs. Both Dr Kemper and the hopsy for perfectly fine with me trying for a VBAC2. I didnt need to fight or anything. Everyone was supportive.

I wasnt successful with my VBAC2 as I was positive for that GBS swab test. I am kicking myself that I had it done as my plan was to labour at home as long as possible and then go to the hospy (again both Obs and hospy were happy with my plans). But because I was positive I had to stay in hospy when I presented in the morning after my waters broke.

So even tho I wasnt successful....I would highly recommened Dr Kemper and Dandenong hospy.
    Thanks heaps fluffy! I saw dr lam in berwick and I don't think he will be keen as he wasn't with my attempt at VBAC so maybe dr Kemper will be a better option as he is closer than the OB I was thinking of seeing in warragul .
    What is the test they do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I thought I'd mention that I also tested positive for my VBA2C but my waters were manually broken a couple of hours before she was born.
    People were so intent on the scar issue they forgot to give me antibiotics!
    I'm positive again and will be staying home as long as possible and HOPING my waters don't break too early.
    Thanks again FOBS. What is the test? I haven't read anything about a test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The strep B test. A lot of places don't even test for it! If they don't offer, don't worry about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    The strep B test. A lot of places don't even test for it! If they don't offer, don't worry about it!

Thats what the hospital said and was surprised I had it done. I have had it done twice before but didnt think anything of it....honestly I didnt know anything about it til I was in hospital wanting to go home and they said no sorry you cant because your test was positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    Thanks heaps fluffy! I saw dr lam in berwick and I don't think he will be keen as he wasn't with my attempt at VBAC so maybe dr Kemper will be a better option as he is closer than the OB I was thinking of seeing in warragul .
    What is the test they do?
    I highly recommend Dr Kemper....he is really pro vbacs...doesnt go for unnecessary internal exams....very helpful and his staff are just lovely as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    I highly recommend Dr Kemper....he is really pro vbacs...doesnt go for unnecessary internal exams....very helpful and his staff are just lovely as well.
    Fantastic they are harder to come by than I thought (obs pro VBAC , especially VBA2c).
    I know I can do natural, I have done it before so it's all just a matter of the scar tissue but reading up it's just as common to rupture with having had no c section before so I don't get the big hooha about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There is a slight increase 0.7% or something for rupture.
    I had my scar measured in Berwick before my VBA2C and the thinnest part was over 3mm which was comforting!
    It doesn't really mean much but something else that gave me extra confidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's not much is it yet it seems to be the factor in why VBAC's aren't so common.
    Oh ok I might get this checked too, my scar healed very quickly and nicely but it would be nice to know exactly how nicely
    I'm so excited and just hope I get it . I labored quickly with the first two so it may play a factor in it also if I labor to fast but not being induced this time may work in my advantage and have a longer less intense labor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    Yeah it's not much is it yet it seems to be the factor in why VBAC's aren't so common.
    Oh ok I might get this checked too, my scar healed very quickly and nicely but it would be nice to know exactly how nicely
    I'm so excited and just hope I get it . I labored quickly with the first two so it may play a factor in it also if I labor to fast but not being induced this time may work in my advantage and have a longer less intense labor.
    If you are able too, I'd recommend really dedicating yourself to the pregnancy as much as possible. I had a personal trainer, ate really well, saw acupuncturists, myotherapists and my chiro really regularly. I have no doubt all this helped me achieve my VBA2C. I'm due with my next one in 10 days so it will be interesting to see what happens and whether I can have another perfect birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep for sure I lost 27 kilos to have this VBA2c . I have been healthy for over 12 months now and although I'm not as active as I was before hubby started FIFO work I'm probably the fittest I have been ever!
    I am hoping my new healthier lifestyle will make for a smaller baby too! Haha my last natural attempt was 10pd6 and he just wouldn't drop into position with his big head