+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default VBAC2 in Victoria anyone????

I have had one natural, labored with my second but he wouldn't come out (10pd6 and slightly turned out of my pelvis) then had a planned VBAC with my 3rd which I changed my mind at 32 weeks (lucky as he had a knot in his cord).
    I now want VBAC2 for my 4th and last child which I'm planning toTTC next year.
    I need some advice on which hospitals do it and which obgyns will stand by my decision !
    Anyone ;-) ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Where abouts are you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Where abouts are you?
    I have had my three at Dandenong , they have a VBAC clinic but from my knowledge don't do VBAC2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    I have had my three at Dandenong , they have a VBAC clinic but from my knowledge don't do VBAC2
    I'm sure you could inquire. Especially since you've had a natural birth. That's such a big plus. I had 2 c-secs, then a VBA2C and now I'm pregnant with my 4th. Obviously want another natural.
    Can you go private? I had my VBA2C at a small private hospital.
    Otherwise you could go to Frankston and try and see either Joylon Ford, Keith How or David Luiz. They will definitely support VBA2C.
    Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 28-08-2012 at 09:34.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sure you could inquire. Especially since you've had a natural birth. That's such a big plus. I had 2 c-secs, then a VBA2C and now I'm pregnant with my 4th. Obviously want another natural.
    Can you go private? I had my VBA2C at a small private hospital.
    Otherwise you could go to Frankston and try and see either Joylon Ford, Keith How or David Luiz. They will definitely support VBA2C.
    Yeah I want to make a few enquiries early next year. I have done everything I need to in preparation for this VBAC2, lost weight, got fit and have put off my last pregnancy for an extra year for recovery of last CS.
    I have heard good things about frankston and VBAC's but I have had an awful experience there that has scared me for life I think, labor at 16 weeks with first pregnancy sent home , collapsed in car park, nurses telling me to still leave, water breaking then birth of my baby. I couldn't go back :-(
    I really just want to find an obstetrician who I know will support me. I'm considering private just to try and get VBAC2 but still need to find that obstetrician close to home.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! How devastating.
    I can understand why you wouldn't want to go back.
    If you do go private. See David Luiz at peninsula private in Frankston. He is absolutely amazing. Just a brilliant ob and lovely man.
    I don't know of any others in Dandenong. Good Luck though!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! How devastating.
    I can understand why you wouldn't want to go back.
    If you do go private. See David Luiz at peninsula private in Frankston. He is absolutely amazing. Just a brilliant ob and lovely man.
    I don't know of any others in Dandenong. Good Luck though!
    Thanks heaps I will write those names down :-)
    I might ask my gp in berwick who he recommends seeing and look into private health as I have a year before I start trying so I can squeeze it in.
    Thanks for the names of those Docs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to bump this as the time is coming closer to TTC and I am wondering if anyone else has had successful in south east Victoria and if so which hospital and doctor.
    I want to finish up my research before I get pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi There,

I attempted a VBAC2 at Dandenong (Public). My Obs was Dr Jorg Kemper in Berwick. He is both a public and private OBs so was perfect for my needs. Both Dr Kemper and the hopsy for perfectly fine with me trying for a VBAC2. I didnt need to fight or anything. Everyone was supportive.

I wasnt successful with my VBAC2 as I was positive for that GBS swab test. I am kicking myself that I had it done as my plan was to labour at home as long as possible and then go to the hospy (again both Obs and hospy were happy with my plans). But because I was positive I had to stay in hospy when I presented in the morning after my waters broke.

So even tho I wasnt successful....I would highly recommened Dr Kemper and Dandenong hospy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I'd mention that I also tested positive for my VBA2C but my waters were manually broken a couple of hours before she was born.
    People were so intent on the scar issue they forgot to give me antibiotics!
    I'm positive again and will be staying home as long as possible and HOPING my waters don't break too early.