+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Could my LO be allergic to panadol??

Quote Originally Posted by andy90 View Post
    i don't mean to offend anyone, but why are you giving your child panadol if they are not sick or teething?
    If you read the op, she was sick/teething when it first happened then the OP gave her a small dose to see if it happened again. Panadol is a class a non addictive drug. She was just trying to see if there was another reaction or if the reaction seen previously was to do with illness or teething. I don't see a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Could my LO be allergic to panadol??

Quote Originally Posted by andy90 View Post
    i don't mean to offend anyone, but why are you giving your child panadol if they are not sick or teething?
    I was just trying to see if it was the panadol or something else... Both doses were much smaller (and still with the same "side effect")

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son had 2 severe reactions to infant panadol. We didn't know which ingredient he reacted to so we were advised not to use any. Well yesterday my son was very sick and while in emergency the decision was made to give panadol suppositry under medical supervision. He had a temp of 42 that nurofen wasn't breaking. He didn't react to it all. Due to some common ingredients in nurofen , zyrtec and panadol we have concluded its the flavour he reacted to. And apparently its very common.