+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Recovery Orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    My husband file recovery orders 18 months after his ex abducted (parental abduction) his daughter to another state without his knowing...(it took him that long to find her).

***Sent from my phone***
    And what was the outcome?

I think it would be different if the father was aware of the mothers whereabouts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Recovery Orders?

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Does he have any contact with the kids at all? How long has it been since he's seen them? Do you have an agreement in place as to when he can see them?

ETA - do you think he could afford to take you to court? Sounds like he wouldn't be very successful even if he did take it that far.
    He has seen them twice in the past year. Last time would have been 6 months ago or so. I don't think he could afford it but his mother would likely help him out in that respect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recovery Orders?

Ok in that case, I would document as much as you can remember about all the contact he's had with the kids and with you.

I highly doubt that he could get a recovery order if he was aware of where you were this whole time and hasn't filed yet.

How far away does he live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Ok in that case, I would document as much as you can remember about all the contact he's had with the kids and with you.

I highly doubt that he could get a recovery order if he was aware of where you were this whole time and hasn't filed yet.

How far away does he live?
    About 800kms

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recovery Orders?

How much contact did he have before you moved?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    It's good to hear he probably won't have much luck if he goes down the legal path.
    He seems to think that he should be allowed to visit and stay with me. I don't want this but fear if i don't comply he may follow through with legal action. He's an absolute psychopath. At one point he tried to strangle my DS because he was sick and wouldn't stop crying. It took everything in me to pry his revolting fingers from around DS's neck. The worst thing about it is he never showed remorse and justifies his actions to this day. I don't want DS left with this guy ever but i know if he does take legal action he will get access and there will be nothing i can do about it. On the other hand i can let the feral prick here to keep things somewhat supervised but then i have to put up with his unwanted advances amongst everything else. It's so hard. I don't know what the best way to deal with this is.
    Like other posters have said, get an exercise book & start writing stuff down- text messages phone calls- any other contact that happens goes between you.

In all honesty it looks bad in court if you outright refuse to let him see the kids BUT if he asks I'd respond along the lines of 'sure you get yourself to my town & check into a hotel; the kids and I will meet you in a public place. Behave yourself prove I can trust you and I'll let you have the kids for a trip to the park / movies etc on your own'. If the opportunity comes up put this kind of offer in writing- email or letter- that way you have evidence you're not going out of your way to stop him from seeing the kids.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MummysYellowCar For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MummysYellowCar View Post
    Like other posters have said, get an exercise book & start writing stuff down- text messages phone calls- any other contact that happens goes between you.

In all honesty it looks bad in court if you outright refuse to let him see the kids BUT if he asks I'd respond along the lines of 'sure you get yourself to my town & check into a hotel; the kids and I will meet you in a public place. Behave yourself prove I can trust you and I'll let you have the kids for a trip to the park / movies etc on your own'. If the opportunity comes up put this kind of offer in writing- email or letter- that way you have evidence you're not going out of your way to stop him from seeing the kids.
    Yeah thats what i figured. It's pretty stupid when you are deemed a bad person simply for protecting your kids. Thats why i'm struggling so bad with what i should do. Cutting him out of the picture completely would the most ideal situation but could backfire on me big time.