+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Recovery Orders?

Does anyone know how long as ex has to apply for one of these when you move away? Is there a set time frame or can they do it even a year or 2 down the track?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recovery Orders?

Sorry to hear you are in this situation.
    I can't define a time frame but from my personal experience my ex lodged recovery orders for my DD and I to return interstate roughly a year after we left. He didn't even call her during that time.
    Fortunately for me he incorrectly filled in orders requesting me not my DD to return... But orders were eventually put into place for regular visits interstate, with agreed payment 3:1 which to this day he has not paid for one flight... 6yrs later!
    Seriously, court orders are ridiculously overpriced, as the only way to enforce them is to go back thru the court system. If you can sort out an agreement through mediation at least lines of communication are opened up.
    If you are fleeing out of fear etc, I am truly sorry and I wish you luck, and hope you get the outcome you want.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pickledpink For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Thanks. We aren't in that situation but i'm afraid it might come to it. We left due to DV and have been gone almost a year.
    The ex has always had this idea in his head that we will be together no matter what. I think he is finally catching on to the idea that i'm not interested and that's starting to infuriate him.
    He shows no interest in the kids, it's all about me and 'us' getting back together.
    I'm afraid he's going to lash out and get at me whatever way he can. He will no doubt have his mother in his ear egging him along as well.
    I was sort of hoping there would be a time frame that applications had to be made by.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recovery Orders?

I was told that had my XH not filed for a few more weeks that it would be unlikely his urgent application would have been accepted.

He filed 3-4 weeks after we moved an hour and 20 minutes away and was successful in having me returned. He also worded his application that he wanted me ordered to return with the children. Control freak.

Does he have regular contact with your DD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Re: Recovery Orders?

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    I was told that had my XH not filed for a few more weeks that it would be unlikely his urgent application would have been accepted.

He filed 3-4 weeks after we moved an hour and 20 minutes away and was successful in having me returned. He also worded his application that he wanted me ordered to return with the children. Control freak.

Does he have regular contact with your DD?
    Wow i would have thought an hour and 20 mins would be an acceptable distance to move away. Thats crazy!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recovery Orders?

Yes I thought it wouldn't be a problem either, especially given that he told me to take the kids and move but because I didn't have it in writing I couldn't prove it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Yes I thought it wouldn't be a problem either, especially given that he told me to take the kids and move but because I didn't have it in writing I couldn't prove it.
    How far from him are you actually allowed to move away?
    My ex said he didn't care if we moved either but i have nothing official in writing.
    Its really worrying hearing other peoples stories. Do they take the mother and childrens current circumstance into account at all when issuing recovery orders?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recovery Orders?

I moved two states away! He took too long to lodge papers ( nearly a year) so it gave us plenty of time to settle. My DD was finally settled into creche and I was hoping to find a job, unfortunately I was diagnosed with breast cancer, so it kind of worked in my favour for staying where we were! My solicitor did advise that the more integrated you were the better chance you have of staying put.
    My bestie moved 1 1/2 hours away but her XH persuaded her to move back, go 50/50, now she is back with sole custody... We just can't foresee the future... Just go with your gut!
    Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I was wondering if they would make me take the kids out of their current school and daycare, make me give up my job and current study commitments and move back interstate?
    Hopefully, given thats it's been almost a year it won't come to that. I'm still worried what move the ex will make next though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

if it has been that long I would not worry about him winning a recovery order application.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (28-08-2012)