+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Father, can we take a step back for a moment and ask what is your objective when posting to support ric? What is the ultimate you would like to see in Australia when it comes to ric?

My position is that I am anti ric (as are many other people here) whether it be for alleged health benefits or religion but I fully support circ when medically necessary and for adult men who are able to make their own decisions. I post because I want to defend the rights of voiceless baby boys. I post because although I may at many times be preaching to the converted there is merit in still preaching as it may (if I can be so presumptuous) give others courage to voice their anti-ric opinion. That is my position. What's yours?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Opinionated  (30-11-2012),Witwicky  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I know many circumcised men and all r happy their parents had them done. We do discuss these things a lot, especially once we knew we were having a boy. My husband is adamant having gone to an all boys grammar school that it is much better to be snipped. Boys r feral. I have never been with an uncirced man but I heard last night on can of worms that uncirced are odorous.
    This is actually quite an offensive statement. Your DH is 40, and I am 41. It's probably fair to say when men our age were babies ric was the norm so yes when he went to school the majority of boys were circ'd. My DH wasn't, and had to endure taunting by many other cruel kids when he was younger (kids can be cruel). But he didn't care. He's genuinely happy his parents went against the grain and didn't do him or his brother.

You and your DH need to think of the times your sons will be growing up in, when most of the boys won't be circ'd. They will be the odd ones out in the change room. Don't circ your sons because of something your DH remembers from 25 years ago, or because of an uninformed tv show that will probably be cancelled in a week or 2 for failing ratings because it airs uninformed views like the one you shared.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-08-2012),Busy-Bee  (29-08-2012),Witwicky  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Father, can we take a step back for a moment and ask what is your objective when posting to support ric? What is the ultimate you would like to see in Australia when it comes to ric?
    I guess my objectives are two-fold:
    1. Talk against misinformation that is often thrown around on the subject of circumcision. As a circumcised male, that has gone through the process with two young boys, I would like to think I can shine some light onto the discussion which consists (on this forum) of primarily mothers who have not circumcised their children.
    2. Support the right of parents to make a choice on behalf of their children for what they feel is in their best interest. Whether it is vaccinations, or circumcision. I support parental rights.

You will not find a post from me where I have told any parent that they 'should' circumcise their child. It is their decision. A decision that I would hope that parents should be able to make for themselves and not the big hand of a big government helped along by a vocal activist crowd.

I don't want it to be made mandatory. I don't care what happens in regard to funding. I would just like parents who make the decision to be treated with respect and not labelled 'child abusers' or 'mutilators'.

Too many mothers have made comments in this section only to be abused and attacked and never heard of again. This is disappointing, as the discussion is now limited to the very vocal 'anti' crowd, and a few others who are not concerned with being attacked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default American Academy of Paediatrics backs circumcision

Father, you yourself own that around 7% of men will have a medical issue and need a Circumcision, leaving 93% that will not.
    So you advocate a surgical procedure whereby a functional body part is surgically removed from a baby, without his consent and without medical need, that carries risks of its own. This is done on the off chance that he will be part of the minority 7% and to provide him benefits that could be obtained by being taught to be clean and safe sexually. It makes no sense to me. And frankly, the way you talk down to people who disagree with you and twist words to suit your agenda probably won't win you any converts either.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Ceili  (01-09-2012),Opinionated  (30-11-2012),Witwicky  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It makes no sense to me. And frankly, the way you talk down to people who disagree with you and twist words to suit your agenda probably won't win you any converts either.
    It doesn't need to make sense to you.
    Read my above post, I am not trying to 'win any converts'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    It doesn't need to make sense to you.
    Read my above post, I am not trying to 'win any converts'.
    Then what is your agenda? You want to discuss misinformation but you ignore glaring matters like potential benefits vs necessity and you want to protect the parents right to decide- by being condescending towards those who would choose differently, for reasons that make more sense than yours?? Do you see how you come across?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Then what is your agenda? You want to discuss misinformation but you ignore glaring matters like potential benefits vs necessity and you want to protect the parents right to decide- by being condescending towards those who would choose differently, for reasons that make more sense than yours?? Do you see how you come across?
    I have explained my 'objectives' above. Does that not answer your agenda question?
    I have never said that circumcision is a necessity. So I do not know what you are referring to with 'benefits vs necessity'. One would normally access a benefit against a risk or a cost.
    Yes I want to protect a parent's right to decide. I am not being condescending to those who choose not to do it. It is the parents right to choose not to, and I have absolutely no problems with that. My argument lies with those who are trying to remove the ability for parents to make any decision.
    So, no. I do not see I 'come across', nor am I concerned as to how I 'come across'. I'm am not trying to recruit a team of activists.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I just want to hear one good reason for circumcising a bubba in the absence of a specific and current medical need (7% and parents rights don't cut it).

I'm seriously interested if someone wants to explain their reason with evidence etc rather than quote AAP articles which can me taken either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

All these smelly willy comments are doing my head in !!!
    I spent two years with a circled man and I am married to an un circed man.
    If someone is gonna be stinky down there circ or not it doesn't make a difference! Clean yourself properly and problem solved!
    I'm anti circ , couldn't do it, wouldn't do it, still don't know why some people choose to do it besides religion but I also wouldn't pierce my daughters ears as a baby, toddler etc.
    I'm just not that way inclined to make a decision for my child. :-) that's all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I just want to hear one good reason for circumcising a bubba (7% and parents rights don't cut it).

I'm seriously interested if someone wants to explain their reason with evidence etc rather than quote AAP articles which can me taken either way.
    It might not cut it in your eyes, but it doesn't have to. We are all different and will view things differently.
    If you are seriously interested, I have explained my reasons many times in this forum, including evidence. Feel free to read through my older posts.
    Or, if you would rather go direct to the source about this evidence, this website is very well referenced.
    http://www.circinfo.net/

You may not be a fan of the author of the website, but the evidence is all there. If you are unhappy with one of his comments, just look at the source behind it and read the evidence for yourself. If you are serious in your interest for the evidence, you will look at that website. If your response is limited to, "ha, I wouldn't read anything that horrible man writes", then I would not regard you as serious in your pursuit of evidence.

Sorry if it sounds like I am not answering your question, but I have done the whole 'explain yourself' so many times before, that I really cannot be bothered going through it all again.

If you have a more specific question, I am more than happy to answer.

ETA: You have not answered my question as to which fact(s) I have ignored. I would appreciate that you retract your comment or provide me with an example.
    Last edited by Father; 29-08-2012 at 22:06. Reason: added last question