+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Glad to see that the anti-ric support have the AAP on our side then
    If it will help you sleep at night by thinking that is the case, then feel free to believe it. I'm sure the majority of parents reading the statement will read it differently to you though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Father - One word comes to mind about you whenever I see one of your posts - however, I won't say it otherwise I will get an infraction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default American Academy of Paediatrics backs circumcision

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    That is quite a racist comment.
    Funny. It was ok for you to make racist comments in the previous circ thread.

In this case I don't trust the Americans to base my choice on either. The AAP cites religion and culture as adequate reasons to circ-I don't agree with this. America is extremely conservative and very big on religion, hence why I wouldn't take their word as gospel (pun intended), not because they are Americans and I hate them (definition of racism is hatred and discrimination based on race) just because their recommendation here is clearly based on their culture, not mine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I know many circumcised men and all r happy their parents had them done. We do discuss these things a lot, especially once we knew we were having a boy. My husband is adamant having gone to an all boys grammar school that it is much better to be snipped. Boys r feral. I have never been with an uncirced man but I heard last night on can of worms that uncirced are odorous.
    Seriously? I thought you were all about the covenant with god etc, now quoting a current affairs show that uncirced men and boys smell??? Boys are NOT feral if their parents teach them how to be clean! And no offense to your husband but if he was done as a baby, he can't know if being snipped is better or not.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: American Academy of Paediatrics backs circumcision

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Seriously? I thought you were all about the covenant with god etc, now quoting a current affairs show that uncirced men and boys smell??? Boys are NOT feral if their parents teach them how to be clean! And no offense to your husband but if he was done as a baby, he can't know if being snipped is better or not.
    Hubby and DS are intact and are not feral nor do they smell. Total myth.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using BubHub

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (29-08-2012),Witwicky  (29-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    In my personal 'relations', I haven't come across a smelly intact penis. I suppose I'm attracted to men who wash themselves?!

My sons are both intact obviously, and they are certainly not feral. We teach them how to wash all of their body parts and they have a shower or bath every day. Although, my eldest doesn't like washing behind his ears. Maybe i'll get them snipped off...solve that problem.

If the intact 'odourous' comments apply, then imagine what vaginas smell like OMG.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (29-08-2012),Ellewood  (29-08-2012),Luna Lovegood  (01-09-2012),Rbottom  (29-08-2012),Sonja  (29-08-2012),starla  (29-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Father - One word comes to mind about you whenever I see one of your posts - however, I won't say it otherwise I will get an infraction
    Biased? Blind to the truth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Biased? Blind to the truth?
    The truth that the benefits outweigh the risks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    The truth that the benefits outweigh the risks?
    The truth that the benefits are soooo tiny (the size of a bee's di@k) that
    Not even your beloved AAP recommends routine circumcision across the board!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Ceili  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The truth that the benefits are soooo tiny (the size of a bee's di@k) that
    Not even your beloved AAP recommends routine circumcision across the board!
    I am not blind to the fact that the AAP does not suggest that it is made 'routine'.
    The first half of your sentence is subjective and cannot be regarded as truth or otherwise.

We made our decision based on our risk/benefit analysis indicating that it was in the best interest of our baby boys. The AAP has determined that the benefits do outweigh the risks and that parents should be informed and make a decision on what to do. I do not see what you are accusing me of being blind about.

If you can provide me a fact (not an opinion) that I have ignored, I would be glad to hear it.