+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default American Academy of Paediatrics backs circumcision

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Why don't you quote them directly? You will not find the word 'mass' in their statement.

I think the quote you are referring is:

This is quite different to the picture you paint. They are far from banning it. They are actually promoting it to the point of saying that someone should pay the bill (or part of it) when parents choose it. But they don't think they should force it upon ALL male newborns.

Why would they suggest that the government pick up the bill? I haven't heard religious groups complaining about having to pay for it.
    I can't copy and paste on my I phone.

I think we can both agree the AAP language is a bit wishy washy and doesn't clearly push one view over another. And for me that's not good enough. Before I take a knife to my child I'd want the medical authorities to scream loudly "you must do this or your child will be harmed!".

The AAP aren't necessarily suggesting the Government pay for it. Infact there is a big movement in the US against medicaid covering circumcision as it is an unecessary procedure.
    http://www.healthpolicysolutions.org...n-in-colorado/

By third party I am sure the AAP are referring to Private health insurance ... Which works quite differently in the US. Most things are covered are no/very little cost to people... If they can afford health insurance. There isn't a lot that health insurance doesn't cover. So saying a third party should cover it doesn't support your cause. It just reiterates that the US pirate health insurance system is better than ours in that it covers nearly everything.
    Last edited by VicPark; 29-08-2012 at 06:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do not trust Americans enough to just go along with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I do not trust Americans enough to just go along with it.
    That is quite a racist comment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    That is quite a racist comment.
    America isn't a race?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-08-2012),Rbottom  (29-08-2012),VicPark  (29-08-2012),Witwicky  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Before I took a knife to my child I'd want the medical authorities to scream loudly "you must do this or your child will be harmed!".
    That is fine VicPark. You obviously rely more on authorities to help you with your decisions than I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Talk about cherry picking to suit your own agenda!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (29-08-2012),misskittyfantastico  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder on this issue, if there is any research into the viewpoint of boys who have been circumcised. If they were happy their parents did it, or if they would rather have been able to make the choice themselves. I think it would be interesting to see which way attitudes trend.

I've only ever had one parter who was, the rest we're not circumcised and none of them had ever had a problem (health wise) or wished they had been done as children. I think it'd be interesting to see what men who have been done, think about this issue.

Personally, i don't see the need to take away something boys are born with. I've never known an uncircumcised man to have any health problem.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default American Academy of Paediatrics backs circumcision

I know many circumcised men and all r happy their parents had them done. We do discuss these things a lot, especially once we knew we were having a boy. My husband is adamant having gone to an all boys grammar school that it is much better to be snipped. Boys r feral. I have never been with an uncirced man but I heard last night on can of worms that uncirced are odorous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I know many circumcised men and all r happy their parents had them done. We do discuss these things a lot, especially once we knew we were having a boy. My husband is adamant having gone to an all boys grammar school that it is much better to be snipped. Boys r feral. I have never been with an uncirced man but I heard last night on can of worms that uncirced are odorous.
    Well if you heard it on a TV show it must be true! Not.
    Penises are all much the same and I've seen a few. If they are washed, they are clean

ETA I thought you did it for religious reasons. that it was spiritual and horrific.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (28-08-2012),Luna Lovegood  (01-09-2012),~ElectricPink~  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I heard last night on can of worms that uncirced are odorous.
    nope. Clean boys are not, it has nothing to do with being circumcised.