+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default School bans handstands....wdyt?

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I must be tired. I read the title as "School Bans Husbands" and thought that was totally ridiculous!! Still think its ridiculous now that I read it properly
    I thought the title read "school bans headbands" until I had a second look..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I thought it said 'Schoolboy buys Beanie Babies.'

Thanks
    Reviews

Having been a trained gymnastics coach, children doing handstands cartwheels somersaults etc any where without someone experienced or qualified is extremely dangerous and can result in serious neck, back, wrist, leg injuries. Schools should be able to ban these sorts of activities to prevent being sued

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    How sad.
    I think I spent most of my primary school play time either on my hands or playing elastics.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kate1990 View Post
    Having been a trained gymnastics coach, children doing handstands cartwheels somersaults etc any where without someone experienced or qualified is extremely dangerous and can result in serious neck, back, wrist, leg injuries. Schools should be able to ban these sorts of activities to prevent being sued
    This.
    I remember a girl hospitalized in primary school because she didn't execute a handstand properly and nearly broke her neck.
    I'm all for kids being kids, but the school probably has to say that they don't allow it to avoid legalities...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Argh, I hate the way this litigious society is becoming!! No handstands! Ridiculous! How dare children use their muscles and build co ordination! Oh, someone got hurt doing that once, let's ban it! Let's sue! Let kids be kids....gah, it makes me so sad. I willl never, ever stop my child doing a handstand, infact I encourage that and more

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

MrsOhara  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kate1990 View Post
    See, I can understand that (and had a friend dislocate her elbow doing so on an uneven surface at school) but I still don't think banning it sits right with me. Perhaps limiting it to 'safe' areas, yes, but complete ban

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I thought the title read "school bans headbands" until I had a second look..
    Thats what I first read too