+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default would you do anything differently 2nd time ?

For those expecting bub's #2 or more....
    Is there anything you regret or would do differently with your 2nd bub than you did with your first? Anything you wont be using/doing again?

I really want to exclusively breastfeed for 6mths this time. I am going to ignore all the people who tell me to start introducing solids (baby cereal) at 4mths!!

I want to "baby-wear" alot more and not be put off it with peoples stupid comments about 'setting myself up for seperation anxiety' . As i'll have a toddler, i think it will be easier to have bub's on me in a sling so i have him settled easier and quicker whilst having my hands free for DD.

Im going to start a routine asap. Im going to allow time to adjust and be pushed out of my comfort zone but i really want to firure out a feed/sleep routine sooner than later this time.

Im going to enjoy my brand new baby. Inhale his baby smell, Hold him, nurse him to sleep and never put him down LOL!

I think those are my main things.

Other than that, i will probably be doing and using everything i did with my 1st.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: would you do anything differently 2nd time ?

I will try and relax more, i spent ALOT of dss babyhood stressed about everything, trying to get him to sleep cos people said he *should* be sleeping.

I will not care next time, ds is 2 and is a very lovely boy so i know my methods work

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (27-08-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I will try harder with BFing but that's it. Everything else that I did, I did because it felt right for us .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default would you do anything differently 2nd time ?

I was a lot more relaxed second time around and I started off from birth just following DD2s lead, and oh my gosh it was a lot less stressful not trying to get her to do what I wanted her to or what she 'should' be doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I was to have another, I would stand up for myself more with midwives and have my DH advocate what we 'want' not what they think we should be doing. I would press the buzzer more often during the night. I would not renovate a house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

The second time around I read no 'parenting' books and do not take advice from parenting forums (they use to upset me, im tougher now). I believe in myself and know im a great Mum - MIL would tell you differently though!