+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What games do you play with your 8 month old?

As the title suggests, I'm just wondering what games you play/things you do with your 8 m/o? I try and interact with DD as much as I can, but often wonder if I'm doing enough with her. I set her up with her music table, she has loads of toys which I alternate with her, I sing to her and clap etc. But I just wonder what else she should be doing? We read books but she isn't all that interested in doing any other than eating them, I take her for walks etc.

Sometimes though, I feel bad like I'm not doing enough? She does swimming Sundays with her Dad and will be starting Gymboree next term. Any ideas ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it's great that you want to play lots of games with your DD, but remember it's also a good skill for her to learn to play by herself too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read to her, sing songs, play beek a boo and just boo by jumping out behind the couch it gets good laughter. She has a couple of different activity mats for independant play time. She has a swing that I set her up in with an activity bar sometimes I turn it around especially if it is a windy day and she will just watch the leaves on the palm tree blowing or her brother on the trampoline. She does have an activity thing which allows her to jump and rotate. She hasn't worked out the rotate action but loves to jump although I have been told that I should use as she isn't sitting yet. But who cares, its like 10mins whilst I do food prep.

Have a boogie around the room with her, time in her bouncer. I try and have bath times as a seperate activity so have it as water play. I also allow her just room time to play in her cot for a little bit she just plays with her activity thing attached to cot. Go for walks weather permitting.