+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 19 weeks scan rant! Warning!

After she checked the first time, she got the baby to move after getting me to move around, lay on side etc etc but she never went back my husband and I are just a bit annoyed which we have a right too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooo are you annoyed because you were unable to find out bub's gender at the 19 week scan? And you feel the technician didnt do enough about it?
    ummm....not entirely her fault. These things happen.
    If you are really that frustrated maybe you should seek a referal for another scan. However i dont think you will get in for reasons just to determine gender.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post
    Gender guesses have 50/50 chance of being wrong anyway and you have to remember that they are just "guesses". Also as PP said if bubs was in the wrong position then there's not much that the technician could have done.

Don't worry about missing out on the baby sale, there will be plenty more sales before your baby is due.
    Um actually no they don't just guess the sex, the techs know what to look for!

Op I worked in radiology, some senographers are more interested than others. Sounds like yours just couldn't be bothered.

You would be better off biting the bullet and traveling for a 3d scan or you will be annoyed and uncertain your entire pregnancy. You should be able to get it covered by pats!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 19 weeks scan rant! Warning!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post

Op I worked in radiology, some senographers are more interested than others. Sounds like yours just couldn't be bothered.

You would be better off biting the bullet and traveling for a 3d scan or you will be annoyed and uncertain your entire pregnancy. You should be able to get it covered by pats!
    Actually i have NEVER seen an ultrasound place guarantee gender guessing (local one emphasises that it is exactly that, has a big sign about it)

I also know 4 women who were told they were 'fairly certain' that they were girls who birthed little boys.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 27-08-2012 at 23:43.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Yes, they can never be 100% certain.

Thanks
    Reviews

OP i understand your frustration, i dont like how some of the comments following read... i guess you arr more annoyed than most as you are Rural and dont have the opportunity to have another scan again-or at least it wont be easy for you.
    I will say though my brother and his DW were told they were having a girl, went out and bought girl things and out popped a boy!!! Mostly they get it right but i do remember when the sonographer told me i was having a girl she insisted it wasnt 100% accurate. With my boy i could see plain as anything those boy parts!
    Try not to stress out, you dont want to overshadow this wonderful time in your pregnant life x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crunchie For This Useful Post:

Glover  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I could understand your frustration lol it's hard enough waiting for the baby so we want all the information we can get to satisfy our needs lol there are some businesses that do 3d and 4d scans that actually cone to your home you should check it out!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post

They might know what to look for but they never guarantee that their "guess" is 100% correct. So I stand by my original statement that it is 50/50 chance of being correct.

There are stories all over the Internet, on forums and in real life about women being told they were going to have one gender but came out the other. You can never be too sure until bubs is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok yes I do understand you are annoyed but unless this was a specific scan to detect gender that is not the purpose ofthe scan. It is a bonus. They are actually checking that all your baby's organs are ok and baby does not have a condition that will require treatment. If you are unhappy with what you have been told you will have to pay for a specific scan. It may have been that the sonographer could not see everything that they needed to check for. Also time may have been running out or they may have simply forgotton. You could have asked them to double check at the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: 19 weeks scan rant! Warning!

I'd be annoyed too.

Though my first scan the tech couldn't find my baby and asked me if I'd done a pregnancy test. Some people do not have good bedside manner. (She got someone else who found bub in 10 seconds)

At 20 weeks the sonographer was so good, explained everything she was doing and why and at the very end asked if we wanted to know the gender, said she may not be able to tell and that she wouldn't say anything if she wasn't sure but even then there's a chance its wrong. She had a look, bubby was In a good position though and she confidentially said she thinks she's a girl. (And she is)

But I appreciate also a tech not saying "hmm might be...."of course it might be. I'd rather not know if they aren't sure.

I agree though if it's really going to stress you I'd look into a 3d scan.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub