+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dropping day sleeps

Hi Ladies,

My DD is 20mnths normally she has 1day sleep for about 2.5hrs, but the past week she has either cut it down to 20-40mins or just none at all. I was wondering what age everyones bubs dropped a say sleep. She isn't ready, by 3pm she is so cranky and ends up in bed an hr early. I'm not ready for her to drop that sleep, i need 5mins to myself lol.

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by ashbudd View Post
    Hi Ladies,

My DD is 20mnths normally she has 1day sleep for about 2.5hrs, but the past week she has either cut it down to 20-40mins or just none at all. I was wondering what age everyones bubs dropped a say sleep. She isn't ready, by 3pm she is so cranky and ends up in bed an hr early. I'm not ready for her to drop that sleep, i need 5mins to myself lol.

thanks
    Could you push the time of the sleep back a bit so she is more tired/likely to sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Dropping day sleeps

My son still has day sleeps at kindy, hes almost 5. He dropped having regular day sleeps at home at 3.5 years

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My little guy is 4.5 and although I could still give him a sleep I choose not to as I'm getting him ready for prep next year where he needs to manage his energy better as they don't sleep at school. I stopped this when he turned 4 and attempt to
    Put him to bed earlier to compensate. He sleeps from 730pm-730am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

At that age bubs usually require 12-13hrs sleep on avg per day. We shortened our 2yo night sleep to 10-11 hrs so as to get 2-2.5hr day sleep.

On dropping the nap completely- I can honestly say at 28yo I have always get a nap at least 4-5 days a week. My 16yo cousins still nap daily after school it is not necessarily long ie 30-40min but its great!

It may just be a cultural thing tho and not ideal for everyone.

Today I got a 2hr sleep in between my 2yo and my 2mth old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're lucky. My 13 mth DD has refused day naps the last two days and I'm so exhausted. She's never been a sleeper, but I was hoping I'd get another year before cutting out naps altogether. She cut out 2 naps at about 7 months.