+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Infected tragus

I've had my tragus piercing for over 5 years now, and have never had an issue, but I've noticed it's swolen, red and sore and it's weeping.
    I don't want to take it out and get rid of it.
    What do I do???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Infected tragus

Clean it morning and evening with salt water. Try not to touch it and avoid putting anything in your hair that can irritate it, hairspray, gells etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't take it out, as the hole will close over and the infection will stay inside. I would bathe it in salt water a few times a day and just have good infection control i.e. wash your hands before you touch it, and turn it after using the salt water to get it inside the piercing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found, when I had a piercing that got infected, I cleaned it in salt water and then got a needle and heated it as hot as I could, and stuck it through the piercing, cleaned it and my earring thoroughly and salt watered them, then put the piercing back.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Infected tragus

Deliriums advice is spot on. You can also get a special anti bac soap from the supermarket and chemist that's great for infected and new piercings. I can't remember the name but it's bright yellow and stinks like anti bac. Don't take the piercing out, you MUST leave it in to let the infection out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Infected tragus

Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    I do body piercing at my salon. I would put a bigger bar or ring in and even though this will kill I would get some metho on a ear bud and dab it. That will dry it up and prevent infection
    So it's ok to put in a bigger bar?
    Will do the salt water.

I love this piercing soooo much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    I do body piercing at my salon. I would put a bigger bar or ring in and even though this will kill I would get some metho on a ear bud and dab it. That will dry it up and prevent infection
    Also good advice. It will hurt, but it will help the infection drain without having the hole close up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Infected tragus

I don't have metho, I have other spirits, acetone? And, erm, vodka

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    See if you can get a little container of hydrogen peroxide from your piercer and dilute it and dab it on with a cotton tip then shift the bar back and forth so it can work its way through.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Infected tragus

Ok, DF says we may have metho somewhere, he will find it tomorrow.

I have face wash with the active ingredient being peroxide, yay or nay?

Going to attempt to change the bar now.