+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Overweight and pregnant.

I'm going to cut all the crap out and give it a really good go at maintaining my weight

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby mad For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I am 185 cm and was about 115kg when I fell pregnant. I walked out of hospital with a 3kg bub and me being 95kg. Crazy. My blood pressure spiked when I hit 40+1 but it had been perfect the whole way through. No sign of GD either. This pregnancy is another story entirely. I am probably more 120 and no where nearly as active as I was. Really worried but making sure I make good food choices! I will let you know if I need a nutritionist after my OB appt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nosila For This Useful Post:

Baby mad  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm 169cms and 95 kilos I just found out I'm 6 weeks roughly (gained no weight yet) I am trying to eat more regularly and stopped drinking caffeine, soft drink etc...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Baby mad  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm 162cm, 121kgs when I found out I was pregnant and now 4 weeks later I'm 117kgs.

I use to be 98kgs forever but was really active and then injury caused the massive weight gain.

I'm currently waiting for my treadmill to be delivered so I can get fit for labour.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm a little bit worried about how I'll end up too

**subbing**

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

Baby mad  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Have you thought of pregnancy yoga? Or aqua aerobics? It's really great to lose weight with (not that we should while pregnant) but when your big the water takes all your weight. I lost about 15kg doing it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was very overweight. I hadn't lost my weight from my previous pregnancy Im 177 and 119kg (crikey) I never had to see anyone. Complicated free pregnancy they watched me for diabetes which never eventuated. I gained 6kg , I mostly craved fruit which was a good thing. Had a dd 5lb 8oz. Now to get moving

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bluebutterfly74 For This Useful Post:

Baby mad  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I want to take up swimming and would like to get motivated to go for a early morning 30min walk before work. Just got to start doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Baby mad View Post
    I want to take up swimming and would like to get motivated to go for a early morning 30min walk before work. Just got to start doing it.
    Do it!! The walk would be such a great habit to continue when you have your little one too!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm 183cm and I was 143kg at my 12 week first appointment, my BMI was 43. They didn't get me to see a nutritionist, I didn't get gestational diabetes or preeclampsia.

I ate healthy-ish throughout the pregnancy, but by the end it was mostly junkfood for dinners. I also did hydrotherapy throughout my pregnancy. It was a great way to exercise and use my muscles, especially with my back problems

By the end of the pregnancy I weighed 160kg, putting on 17kg. I'm pretty happy with that as its only 12% of my starting weight. I'm down to 151.5kg, five weeks after giving birth.

Thanks
    Reviews

LoveHeart did they say your labour would be high risk?