+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you thought about doing a child care course? I have done mine with a small company in Brisbane and absolutely love it! haven't looked back since!! good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Question for Hubbers who are studying online

Quote Originally Posted by sandyjoan View Post
    Have you thought about doing a child care course? I have done mine with a small company in Brisbane and absolutely love it! haven't looked back since!! good luck with it all
    I briefly looked at getting a Cert 3 & 4 as an education assistant because I'm keen on looking at being a teacher's aide when I look for work in 5 years or so. Until I realised that job doesn't require a qualification so I'd be doing it with no real reason. Child care itself isn't really my bag.

I've decided to do something radical and outrageous and study something I'm interested in, not for the purpose of getting a qualification or to get me a job, but just for fun. So I've enrolled in one unit through OUA and if it goes well (ie I can handle being "back at uni") then I'll look at getting another arts degree, but this time in something I'm interested in (major in sociology and incorporating subjects in religion and history). I'm excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverMine View Post
    I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I just graduated from studying mental health. Now currently looking for work with case management, mental health support within the community etc.

Never ever thought I'd end up where I have. I just answered an ad in the paper because I was a bored SAHM, and now I have found a passion for those living with severe mental illness.

I hope you find what your looking for soon.
    hi what mental health course did u do ...jody

Thanks
    Reviews
    is there much work for that and what is a doula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMummy2002 View Post
    Im studying through childbirth international to become a doula, childbirth educator and breastfeeding counsellor its an amazing course

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    is there much work in that area and pardon me but what is a doula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am studying a Bachelor of Arts (Graphics Design), and Bachelor of Business studies.
    Due to major struggles with the Business subjects like management (failed it 3 times), I am deciding to change my course over to a 6 year part time (this can be shorter if you are dedicated and schedule more study units into your time during the day as I am hoping to do). We have 2 girls aged 5 and 7.

I figured that if you do find a passion (try out new hobbies, and just try different things, as a career "plan" usually takes time to find). You should be able to get a business certificate afterwards, if you aren;t passionate about what you are studying it will make studying SO much harder.

I have experience in childcare, whilst "teaching" for me is a nice activity, it wasn't until my fiance showed me that I could really become a Graphics Designer with a talent in Art, that I actually considered it. So it will take some soul searching, but it's worth it when you do find a passion.

You can also look at later on, working for yourself. I hope to have my own Graphics Design business one day.

Good luck, and I hope you find something that you can happily work hard towards for the rest of your life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemood View Post
    is there much work in that area and pardon me but what is a doula
    A doula is a birth support person and there is becoming a big demand for it and its so rewarding

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am doing a social work degree with my aim being a job as a social worker in a hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cert 4 in Bookkeeping, deathly dull and boring, but with a view to working mostly from home for small clients and a couple of small offices. Just got offered an awesome job so although it's not a waste of time I could have been at the gym!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just started a Cert IV in Accounting and really enjoying it. I plan to go on and complete a degree in commerce (but no idea where yet...haven't got that far).