+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you prefer a bigger bathroom or master bedroom?

I guess it depends what you use your bedroom for - me it's purely sleeping so as long as it fits my bed and enough room for dressing then that's ok (we have a WIR)

My ILs have a bathroom that was originally an old bedroom - it is divine!!!!

So for me I would always go bigger bathroom over bedroom!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    See i've lived in houses with big bedrooms and small ones and houses with bigger bathrooms and not so big and i love a big bedroom more.
    I hate having to sleep in a pokey bedroom, feels claustrophobic. My current house has a huge main bedroom and is my heaven, it has room to move and space for a big reading chair and bookcase (pure joy) and i can comfortably fit a cot in for my babies. I love it. Small bedrooms just depress me.
    Bathrooms well i use them to shower and bath the children, it's not as important to me for it to be huge - of course if it is ridiculously tiny it would bother but most are big enough even if they are smaller. My only requirement is it must have a bathtub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Bigger bedroom for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ooohh some great replies thanks! We are getting the toilet moved into the bathroom, at the moment it's out on the balcony lol! (sucks in winter) the bathroom is roughly 3.5m x 2m at the moment, so we can fit a bath, shower, toilet, vanity and small storage for linen comfortably. Whereas the bedroom would really be quite small if we moved the wall, and it's a decent size now ( we have a king bed, wardrobes side tables and chest of drawers with no problems)
    We bought this house for a super cheap price, so we are hoping to make quite a big profit when we sell, so I guess you could say it's a mix between first home and investment property. So I do want to make choices on what buyers want, not what I necessarily want!
    I think leave it how it is is the best choice in this situation. The other two bedrooms (it's a 3 bedroom house) are not horribly small, but I definitely wouldn't want my master bedroom to be that size.
    Thankyou all so much for helping me decide!! (DH tends to just agree with whatever I want bless him)

Thanks
    Reviews

Also there is NO storage at all in this house, so the wardrobes have to be also in the bedrooms, so if we made the bedroom smaller plus have the wardrobes in there it would definitely be quite squishy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yep I think your making the right decision leaving the bedroom bigger. Your bathroom doesn't sound too small of it can fit all that in it! Good luck with the renos. DH has renovated our entire house and although all the mess and dust is a headache it's worth it all in the end!