+ Reply to Thread
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nervous

I'll be breastfeeding this time around. I didnt with dd and I had to stop with DS as it took a toll emotionally on me. I'm nervous I won't be able to do it that I'll chicken out, I'm only 14+4 weeks and iv got along time to get confident but I'm still nervous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nervous

I can only speak for what helps me gain confidence in things.

I would educate myself as much as possible.

I would learn about the various challenges that I am worried about facing and investigate a range of strategies to overcome them.

Set yourself a plan including support mechanisms that you can lean on if you face issues.

This could be
    - a friend who has had and overcome BF difficulties that you can call day or night for advice or just encouragement.
    - names and numbers of Lactation Consultants.
    - the ABA helpline
    - a local ABA member support group ( if you become a member then you are. Connected to other BF mums, councillors and LCs in your area via a Facebook group. They meet up regularly for morning teas at older members houses and support each other through challenges)

I think if you are prepared for the things you fear and have strategies ready to overcome them then they become so much less overwhelming.

I wish you all the best in you BF journey, but just remember to be proud of yourself regardless of how it turns out!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (26-08-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nervous

Thank you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nervous

I breast fed 3 days with DS #1, then tried again with DS#2 and lasted 6 weeks until I got mastitis for the second time!
    So when I was preg with DS#3 I was damned if I didn't nurse for at least 3 months!!!!! I read a lot on all the complications they had and Ended up nursing 10 months until DS got bronchiolitis and I had bronchitis and a sinus infection that was border line pneumonia. I spent a day in bed (bub was used to a bottle every second day) , the next day I went to nurse and he bit me! It was bye bye boobies hello bottle ;-)
    You can do it !!!