Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Interesting article in Weekend Australian

If it makes me self righteous to be the voice for innocent baby boys who are being subjected to this unnecessary, permanent body modification, then I will happily wear that badge.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (28-08-2012),trishalishous  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Most men who have been circed have no problem with it, hold no resentments towards their parents and feel that their penis is still their best mate.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (28-08-2012),lovesushi  (28-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Most men who have been circed have no problem with it, hold no resentments towards their parents and feel that their penis is still their best mate.
    There are A LOT of men who don't feel that way, sadly. And rightly.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (28-08-2012),trishalishous  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

There are any, many men who feel otherwise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    There are any, many men who feel otherwise.
    Really?? I have not met one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I know a whole lot more circumcised men then all of you and I have not met one! Not one.

If there are actually men with willy hang ups i presume they would have issues either way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have never met a man who holds resentment except one if my family who was not circumcised and then needed to be as an adult due to a medical issue. I've asked almost every man in my family about this and none care either way tbh. I'm sure there are men that do have issues either way but none that I've come across.

For the record my DS is not circ'd. That was our choice. I consider is a perfectly reasonable and valid choice for parents to make in the best interests of their child. Based on the evidence based research there are benefits and risks.
    I believe it is up to the parent to decide what they think is best. I believe that there are cultural bases which unless you are a part of that culture, you cannot possibly understand and therefore should not judge. I also believe that for me personally ear piercing is far more extreme as it holds no medical benefits - I however do not judge people who choose this as part of their culture to have this done. I do not think male circumcision is in anyway comparable to FGM. I also believe that me having my sons ear tag removed has no medical benefits, is done under anaesthesia and yet doesn't appear to hold the same amount of outrage as male circumcision which does have proven benefits (regardless of small or big you see the benefits, they are proven).
    I think the circ debate becomes based on emotion rather than fact and for me personally has run it's course. I'm out, never to return to these threads. The Asylum Seeker issue to me is more important in regards to human rights.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Father  (28-08-2012),giggle berry  (29-08-2012),hopefully2  (28-08-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I am all up for questioning why decisions r made based on religious belief but as was shown in the previous thread when i tried to explain how important this covenant with god is to a Jew it gets thrown back as brain washed.
    I've had a think about the accusation of self-righteousness and I think you are confusing it with passion, we are passionate about protecting baby boys from an unnecessary, potentially risky and in some cases life threatening, surgical body modification that they have not consented to. From what I have read the reason and justification for this practice (for Jews) is because it's a covenant between the father and your god/deity and that I 'wouldn't get it' because I'm not Jewish. I don't know if I'm not getting it because I'm not Jewish or because I just don't get how a god (who I assume is you believe is omniscient and all loving) insists that a defenseless, voiceless infant must be surgically altered as proof the boy will be raised Jewish. Let's not forget that we may have modern techniques now that may well make the procedure less painful and not as risky but this is only a recent phenomenon. How many thousands/millions of baby boys underwent the procedure with no anesthetic or the luxuries of modern surgery? So again I put it to you (you the plural) that if there was a religion that required a baby's right ear to be fully tattooed would you support this? ETA: Whilst I'm out on that limb I'm going to take another big step outwards... In regard to the point that we (ie, anti-ric supporters) just won't get it and it's importance in your religion, that in itself is another reason why it should be challenged. If someone who has not been raised as a Jew or Muslim, cannot understand the reasoning behind this practice (despite truly wanting to) and only those that have been bought up in the religion can, what does that tell you about your upbringing? ETA: Whilst I'm out on that limb I'm going to take another big step outwards... In regard to the point that we (ie, anti-ric supporters) just won't get it and it's importance in your religion, that in itself is another reason why it should be challenged. If someone who has not been raised as a Jew or Muslim, cannot understand the reasoning behind this practice (despite truly wanting to) and only those that have been bought up in the religion can, what does that tell you about your upbringing?
    Last edited by Busy-Bee; 28-08-2012 at 20:21.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (28-08-2012),Witwicky  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Really?? I have not met one.
    I've never met an Eskimo, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

http://www.jewsagainstcircumcision.org/

http://questioncircumcision.weebly.c...cumcision.html

http://www.circumcision.org/adults.htm

Pretty sure there are facebook groups and tumblrs etc also run by men unhappy about their circumcision. But you have the Internet too, you can find this info if you want it.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (28-08-2012),trishalishous  (28-08-2012),Witwicky  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I know a whole lot more circumcised men then all of you and I have not met one! Not one.

If there are actually men with willy hang ups i presume they would have issues either way.
    Why would they tell you?
    Eta- your presumption that they would have hang ups "either way" is really rude to those who were circed and are unhappy about it.
    Last edited by Atropos; 28-08-2012 at 19:57.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (28-08-2012),Witwicky  (28-08-2012)