+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 weeks bleeding on and off

Hi I am 6 weeks pregnant and I have had bleeds the first time was last Sunday it was a light bleed light pink didn't fill a pad just a little bit on pad went to Ed and had bloods taken and my levels were at 7189 at 5weeks then on Monday I went to have ultrasound done the internal one showed a sac and yolk sac but not fetal pole or heartbeat they said it maybe because it's to early to see they said I have a cyst on my left ovary and that there was 5ml more blood around sac and that it would come out maybe. Was told to have bloods done on Wednesday morning had them done and my levels were at 13000 which was good as on Tuesday I had another small bleed light pink so after dr told me levels have risen just wait two weeks and have another ultrasound done at 7 weeks yesterday I had a heavier bleed which soaked one pad and half another and then it went away it was dark red. I just wondered if anyone can related to this. I had a baby boy on 15th of June at 23 weeks who is now my lil angel. I have never miscarried aa baby or had a bleed in early pregnancy. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Confusedkittie - once again, sorry you are going through this stress and uncertainty. By the sounds of your levels you should stay hopeful that there is a good chance that everything is still ok in there. If I've calculated right you had the last scan at 5w1d? In which case it would be typically too early to see a pole and heartbeat.

I had a light bleed at 6w with DD which my OB called described as being most likely due to the placenta starting to work its way into my blood vessels or something like that (sorry, more than 5 years ago!).

I've also had a missed miscarriage with no bleeding, good levels rising at the right rate. And a natural miscarriage with slow-rising levels where I bled from about a week after my BFP all the way until I miscarried at around 9 weeks.

From my experience, bad to severe cramps are the worst sign that things are not right. The bleeding on its own (especially when accompanied by nothing stronger than "growing pain" type cramps) were never a concern to my doctors, who said that bleeding is surprisingly common during pregnancy. I have been able to work out that once my last angel actually stopped growing my bleeding changed to bright red and light but constant with period-like cramps. The cramps when I was actually miscarrying were excruciating (though the bleeding was never super-heavy).

The hardest part about all this as the only way to know for sure is to wait and have that next scan, but it does sound like you have good reason so stay hopeful. Best of luck until then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding on and off since about 4-5 weeks pregnant. The bleeding has varied from light brown blood to bright red blood, at it's worst i soaked through 3 pads (like completely saturated) in about 12 hours. I have big gushes of blood and just spotting - all through this bub has always been fine. They can't find any reason for my bleeding. I have told at lots of women bleed during pregnnacy but still go on to have healthy babies - it doesn't always mean the worst.
    I have had miscarriages before and with those i had lots of pain and passed clots, not just blood.

Good luck

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started bleeding at about 4 weeks.

Had a miscarriage at 7-8 weeks {they're not sure} without any pain, cramping, or back ache at all.

The bleeding sped up within 2 weeks, from spotting brown and pink streaks to dark red blood and liver-like dark clots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the advice girls I still feel pregnant and othe bleeding has stopped again thank god I will try and get in to see my Gp to see of he can help me. I have been a bit stressed about stuff so I am hoping that i can stop stressing but sometimes it's a bit hard. My concern is that I am a RH neg blood group I had my anti d on the first bleed. Thanks again girls for advice I haven't past cclots thank god and dr didn't seem to worried on Wednesday. I am going to book an ultrasound for next week I can't wait to see my blip on the screen.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi all update

Hi girls I went to dr yesterday who did ultrasound in his office and he saw the sac which he said is growing still can't see fetal pole but it's growin which is good but he saw more bleeding around sac which is more he sent me for a Beta HCG test which came back 36000 I am 6 weeks and 4days by LMP. I have ultrasound booked on Monday hope they can ssee fetal pole. Is 36000 HCG a good level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 6 weeks bleeding on and off

I started bleeding on and off for about 12 weeks. No cramps or anything. One day I went to the bathroom and blood came out, a lot of it and was bright red. Had to wear a pad. Stopped bleeding the next day. Then it was on and off brown, pink, blood for 12 weeks. Did scans almost weekly to make sure everything was growing as it should. Also discovered at a scan that I had a hemorrhage, tiny blood cot in between the placenta and uterus. So was told that it will bleed out or absorb by the body. In mu case it bleed out. So weekly I went to have scan done to make sure the clot was reducing in size.
    Now I am 34 weeks pregnant and all goin well
    Good luck!