+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would just automatically assume i was paying, unless stated otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think she should have included on the invite you have to pay for your own meals. But then I'm not a fan of parties, either for kids or adults, where the guests are expected to cough up a fair bit of money both for a present and for meals. I'm pretty old school on this, I think as the person throwing the party, if you can't afford a big one, do something low key. I kind of cringe at these type of parties, where I have to come up with over 100 bucks for meals and a present....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

RainbowSky  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    a friend of ours had her birthday at a teppenyaki place, and invited us, but we declined... she said it would be at least $150 pp!! no way would i spend $300 on a meal, i can shop for a week and eat a heck of a lot more. i just couldn't justify it as we were not doing too well financially at the time either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Party invites where u pay

I would always expect to pay when attending a birthday party at a restaurant. Only at a wedding or other milestone occasion would I expect that the host might possibly pay.

If it were my birthday, I personally would have sent everyone info on the set menu with the invite and let them have the option to order a la carte. Some restaurants have compulsory set menu for group bookings though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I just always assume that if someone is inviting me to a restaurant, that I have to pay for my own meal. I mean, it's their birthday. Why would you expect them to fork out for everyone's meals iykwim.

Every time I've gone to a restaurant for a birthday meal etc, I've always paid for myself as have the other guests. I just thought it was the 'done' thing.
    Same!!! I'm a bit shocked that some people assume the invitee should pay for everyone's restaurant meals.

But anywho each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post

If the intention is that you pay for a set menu, then IMO that hugely rude...what if you don't like the meal, or you have intolerances or allergies? It's not very thoughtful.
    I completely agree with this!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm the same, I always expect to pay for my own meal. If it were my invitation though, I would indicate the average cost of a meal, perhaps a website and I would definitely say no gifts please, I'd just want my family and friends to join me for a meal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would always assume that I had to pay my own way. It's not rude, I think it's rude to assume that someone would be shouting me a free meal and getting angry when I realised they might not...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I think there is a difference between dinner at a restaurant for a birthday and a birthday function.
    Dinner at a restaurant I would expect to pay and be pleasantly surprised if they paid, a function I would expect dinner to be paid for but it goes either way with drinks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

RainbowSky  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Every time we have hosted a party at home or a restaurant we have always payed for everyone. We've been to parties where cost wasn't specified and we expected to have to pay but were pleasantly surprised on the night. We have also received invites (mainly via text or email) saying could you come along to "XYZ" there will be a set menu including " " cost is $30pp type of thing.