+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone in the fitness Industry?

I want to know all about your training and your job. I'm trying to find out as much as I can because I think i'm after a career change and I think this is what I want to do? Dont know where to start and not really sure what the job is like or what it entails

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumpity bump for the sunday nighters

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone in the fitness Industry?

Hi
    I am a trained fitness instructor/ personal trainer. I did my training before my DD came along tho.

I did my training through TAFE (in WA) it's done at your own pace and with lots of hands on experience at the gym I was working at. There are two units fitness cert 3 and 4. They take about 6 months to complete at max and you can do faster if u like. Cert 3 will give you fitness instructor level so you can work on a gym floor and do individual appraisals and teach fitness classes (if you do les mills or radical or anything like that it requires more training and money). Cert 4 allowes you to do personal training.

There is also courses through Australian Institute of Fitness. I haven't done this but I have heard its pretty full on. 6 or so weeks of training.

I have found working in this industry expensive. Training and registration with Fitness Australia can be expensive and to keep your FA membership up to date you have to do a certain amount of extra training every year which also costs.

It is great fun tho and really flexible to work around kids and things. At one point I was teaching a mummy and me fitness class where I took my baby with me to work for the hour.

Hope I have answered some of your questions. So much to write
    Feel free to PM me if you like.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ash1202 For This Useful Post:

Addiesmum  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wife is fitness trainer and she was working in a gym as instructor she has also dietician will solve your queries. easily.

Ventouse Cellulite