+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default ED dr implied i caused my children's disabilities!

That is ****ing revolting. Please complain!

You are an amazing mother DE, I'm sorry that this happened to you. What an idiot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    WTH? What a stupid cow Yes, complain.
    Last time i went to the ER (for me) a nurse made an insensitive comment about a deformity i have in my spine - i ended up bawling my eyes out. I wish i had complained but i was sick and tired and now i regret not complaining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's horrible Diamond Eyes. Definately complain!

I hope your DS#2 gets better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default ED dr implied i caused my children's disabilities!

Your child is sick enough to need to go to ED and this is how you are treated?? Hell yes, lodge a complaint!! that is atrocious. I'm so sorry you were treated like that and I hope your little one is ok.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you everyone. Im definitely going to complain now i know so many of you would.i have a hard time knowing how to take things said to me, but DH even said it was inappropriate, rude and ignorant.

I said "no way, not even one drop not at all" and then she continued to say that heavy abuse of alcohol affects babies brains. Which is related to autism. Um... Yes im well aware of the effects of alcohol anddd I just said i didnt have a drop let alone excessive?? Anddd as a PP said, there's no known cause for autism so... Way to make inaccurate assumptions! And what does both of them having autism got to do with alcohol? Like i just go " oh two lines on a stick? Parttttyyyyyyyy"

*completely baffled by the dr's logic*

Thanks
    Reviews

Totally complain. What a rude bish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree with the other posts. She has no clue about ASD's or manners! You probably aren't the only one who has been treated inappropriately by her. There may have been other ppl who have already complained (I know I would have if she'd said something like that to me!) I'm sorry you had to go through that, especially is those circumstances. I hope your DS is feeling better too.
    to you both. And yes, you have every right to complain.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: ED dr implied i caused my children's disabilities!

Wtf?! Complain!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    HUGS, I agree he said it in an insensertive way but in all honesty its a valid question please dont anyone shoot me down for this but its true. Sometimes drs ask questions that seem un PC and sh*ty but they can be relivent and i know that no one wants to hear it but theydo.

I have been asked is me and DDs dad are related ( like brother and sister) i have been asked if i took drugs or smocked or drank when i was pregnancy or if i had any infections including STDs while or before i was pregnant, All sh*ty things that to me and anyone else that has or doenst have SN kids are horified at but the fact is them things can cause problems, i think the dr said it in a bad way but he asked a valid question

Having a SN kid is hard work i agree but pick your battles x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: ED dr implied i caused my children's disabilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    HUGS, I agree he said it in an insensertive way but in all honesty its a valid question please dont anyone shoot me down for this but its true. Sometimes drs ask questions that seem un PC and sh*ty but they can be relivent and i know that no one wants to hear it but theydo.

I have been asked is me and DDs dad are related ( like brother and sister) i have been asked if i took drugs or smocked or drank when i was pregnancy or if i had any infections including STDs while or before i was pregnant, All sh*ty things that to me and anyone else that has or doenst have SN kids are horified at but the fact is them things can cause problems, i think the dr said it in a bad way but he asked a valid question

Having a SN kid is hard work i agree but pick your battles x
    But wouldn't she have discussed those possibilities with other professionals previously? Like when she got a diagnosis or something? I'm not really sure of exactly how these things work but it doesn't sound quite right to just come out and ask like that..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub