+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    WAHH I Don't want a baby anymore!!! I need to do 2-3 every week.. I do 3-4 every 1.5- 2 weeks I am lazy..
    And I wanna do cloth nappies.. am I Mad??

Actually I am probably just going to do terry cloths as I can chuck them in the dryer and I don't have to go out to the clothes line. I hate using the clothes airer inside and just getting out to the line is a struggle atm so it probably won't be that bad.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You can throw MCN's in teh dryer too I do.

I use microfibre inserts during the day. You need to change more frequently (say every 2 hours rather than ever 3... but seriously who wants to be sitting in wee for 3 hours anyway) and they dry REALLY quickly. Then at night use your heavier ones.. and if you have enough.. and then you can just throw them through the wash each morning with the rest of your stuff.

I tend to do nappies whenever the bucket gets full, which is about every 3 days. I wash them and hang them in the afternoon... so they stay on the line for a day and a half and get nice and sunned

Thanks
    Reviews
    part of the reason for terry flats is also price (12 flats for the price of 1 mcn) I have no issue with terry flats.. I used to wash and fold them for my cousin I would go to her place once a week to wash, hang out, dry, and fold them for her little ones.

ATM I think any MCNs I will use are going to be some my sister left here. I think maybe enough for a stash but I am unsure what they are. she left them here for when she comes down with her boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: The Not Bacon Fence (This is a *serious* discussion!) 7.1

I use Ebay cheapies for ds during the day, i stuffed them dryering them though and now they leak sometimes.

I get about 3 hours a nappy when theyre not playing up,

I was 1 load of clothes a day and an extra load of nappies mon, wed & sat.

My plan for next bubby is Alva newborn osfms, then once i stop night changes either alva or little ripple for day use and issy bear night inserts in cc shells over night.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use the Ebay ones.

I started using the really pricey ones with Oliver and Jordan and spent about $1000 in set-up.... but over the years I've experimented and switched, seriously the ebay ones are fine. I bought 10 for $50 including postage. they are one size fits most and I find them really good... the seller is grape-apple. I really can't fault them. They never leak unless I don't change often enough, which is my fault, not the nappies.

And I use BabyBeehind sized magicall's for at night with an extra bamboo booster.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    I use the Ebay ones.

I started using the really pricey ones, but seriously the ebay ones are fine. I bought 10 for $50 including postage. they are one size fits most and I find them really good... the seller is grape-apple. I really can't fault them. They never leak unless I don't change often enough, which is my fault, not the nappies.

And I use BabyBeehind sized magicall's for at night with an extra bamboo booster.
    I am torn between little ripple and alva, prefer the snap design of alva.

If i wasnt trying to toilet train ds i would be considering a stash switch lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    there are a fair few here.. maybe 20-30 so I fgure that even for a newborn that's about 3-4 days worth. Mum is a seemstress and has offered tomake more. we have a snap machine & tons of velcro so we have choices. I am just thinking terry flats are just as easy and cheaper. I guess I can only tray and see how I go.

I was sure i had read somewhere that putting MCNs in the dryer can effect their absorbency. Or maybe it was fabric softener..

Help me Fluffers I am new to this.
    I haven't looked after a baby for 24 hours or more since I was 15. That child is old enough to have her own (and if she does i will kill her Mother)

Thanks
    Reviews

Whats for dinner everyone?

Tonight was veg & chicken nuggets,
    Made roast potato with onion powder, garlic salt & dried tumeric & ds is eating it

Barefooted - drying in the dryer can affect absorbency & shorten a mcn life.

I prefer the line for them as the sun will remove almost any stain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Whats for dinner everyone?

Tonight was veg & chicken nuggets,
    Made roast potato with onion powder, garlic salt & dried tumeric & ds is eating it

Barefooted - drying in the dryer can affect absorbency & shorten a mcn life.

I prefer the line for them as the sun will remove almost any stain
    I do line dry most of the time so I am unsure which I would do (probably dryer)

All i gotta do is remember to get the dryer on the stand before I cannot a) build the stand or b) bend over to get things out of the dryer in it's current position.

It is a one day job but I didn''t get aroudn to doing it when I was not UTD and therefore, could lift the dryer alone. Now I need to convince DH to move the dryer (twice) or act all innocent and unable to do anything when he has mates over, without them taking over my construction work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and as for dinner.. I couldn't think of anything to eat for lunch and I was having a really bad tired/ hungry migraine and grabbed a bag or prawn chips from last night's Chinese.

Today has been one of those days where I WISH I had the ability to throw up... I even tried a super hot shower with the fan turned off, door & windows shut (works usually) and nothing..

As a result.. I am going on strike (may have to go get KFC for DH) cause the migraine is back.