+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Advice needed please!

I have always praised myself on being an excellent mother. My husband and I had clear ways in which we wanted to parent and how we wanted to implement those parenting techniques. I felt we were doing a great job

However over the past 12 months or so I have felt like a lazy parent who is not doing a good enough job. I know what I want to do and I know what I need to do to get things back on track again. I just can't find the motivation to implement any of it. Every night I ponder over every little thing I felt I did wrong and how I can change it.

I feel very lost, anxious and down on myself for this. I don't know whether I am doing a really bad job or I am being terribly hard on myself.

Anyway I guess my question is, how do I get myself out of this and back on track? Has anyone else ever felt like this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Advice needed please!

I haven't felt like this but at times I have been overwhelmed with everything I have to do.

What helps me is if I write lists and prioritise.

One list on the whiteboard contains a list of longer term projects (eg clean the study out).

A sticky note list on the fridge contains a list for each day. Before I go to bed I write a prioritised list based on
    A) what I am feeling
    B) what needs to be done
    C) the longer term list

The daily list might contain things such as cook dinner, call ABC re repair XYZ, clear 1 box from the study, do a brief clean up, play with bub for 1/2 hour straight, take bub to the park. Some days ill get the hole list done, somedays only half.

If I feel like I'm in bad mummy mode the night before I will bump any bub related items to pri 1. That means I must do xYZ with bub even if it means dinner is not cooked (nothing wrong with tinned soup!).

I think I'm rambling now. I hope this helps a tiny bit.

Good luck

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep...

Two things fixed it.. reading my most motivating parenting books
    and
    Actively playing with the kids. I mean writing it out in a schedule.
    breakfast
    clean house
    dance party!!
    Morning tea
    gardening together
    Play outside
    lunch
    play

I find that when I actually play with the boys, it really refocuses my motivation.