+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: can reflux babies self settle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    All I can say is to just keep trying! I know it can be so frustrating and disheartening but when you find a person who not only listens but gives you a solid action plan, the pay off in terms of bub is worth every bit!

Out of curiosity, are you on the crushed tablets of Losec or the suspension done by chemist? Only reason I ask was because my munchkin was on the max dose in suspension form but it wasn't controlling the acid very well at all. The gastro paed said that the reliability of the suspension is not good because of how it is done and the bottle will often stop working before its empty. It also depends on when it was made up etc. He put us on Nexium which comes in sachet granules and was brilliant. Tastes a load better than Losec too. The downside is because he was also max dose we have been dishing $80 per month on it. Anyway, I'm rambling. Just something if you also happen to be on suspension.
    Hi Nettle, thank you very much for your information. He is on losec tablets which we dissolve in water. I will mention nexium to the pead next time. The pead said last time that his son had severe colic and reflux as well , so hopefully he will listen. Fingers crossed .

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've having a rough time. Reflux babies can self settle IF THEIR REFLUX IS UNDER CONTROL. If its not, they can't and you have to help them.

That's the long and the short of it unfortunately. I haven't been through the rest of this thread but much more info that might help available at reflux.org.au