+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pick me up....

Every 2 minutes my DD wants picking up. She puts her arms up and cries and cries if I don't. Real tears. She's one next week.

She's not a light bubba, I think over 13kg. It's physically taking a toll. Any ideas?

I've tried not picking her up and getting on the floor with her, offering a bottle instead, telling her 1 minute and making her wait. Nothing seems to be helping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pick me up....

Aww useless comment from me but my DS is 2 and such a mummas boy He always wants me to hold him. Enjoy it, bask in it, cherish it. Don't let it become something you get annoyed by. They are only little for so long, before you know it they are 6.5 and telling you about their boyfriend/girlfriend in prep! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Get an Ergo?

I carried DD until she was about 18kg in her Ergo.

Also just pick her up and sit down with her (on the couch or something) so she still gets the cuddles, but you're not hurting yourself to do it.

DD is 7 and about 26kg now... NOW I can't really lift her unless I absolutely had to... lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sit on the couch with her and cuddle when you can, or read books, or sing, etc. Yes, it doesn't get anything 'done', but when you can manage it that will save your back from carrying her. Otherwise put her in a highchair right up next to you so she can interact more. Maybe put her next to you in the middle of the kitchen and offer food whilst you're doing cooking/etc. And play games like 'peak-a-boo' as you are walking around.

I need to pick up my dd all the time, not cause she wants up, just cause she's so quick at crawling around and getting into mischief. It's hard work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    does she understand "hold my hand"? My DD who is older than yours (21 months old) and weighs about 15kg always says "Mummy carry me", so if we are home I just say "hold my hand" and then we will walk to the couch/bed/carpet and sit down for a cuddle. She is just too heavy to carry around (I'm seeing a chiro regularly to deal with hip pain from lifting and carrying her).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pick me up....

I have the exact same problem!! My DD is also turning 1 next week and for the past 2 weeks where ever I am and what ever I am doing there she is climbing up my back and sooking to get picked up!! I to have tried letting her cry a little and telling her to wait a minute but doesn't help, I trying sitting with her but she wants us to walk around the house but I just can't anymore, way to heavy about 13 kg also!! I am hoping it's just a faze and will pass soon as she has always been pretty independent, I also think its to do with her teeth maybe? DD has 9 fully grown teeth and has just cut all 4 first molars at once!! Good luck u know how hard it is !!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My DD's motto is "why walk when you can be carried".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pick me up....

My 2 yr old does this. Drives me bonkers. She is so heavy it kills my back. And I can't even sit down and nurse her she just says "up up up" I have to stand up and hold her. I've been doing the "hold my hand" thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pick me up....

Try to cuddle on the couch but if all else fails - ergo!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have that too. If we say "hold my hand" and walk DS will sit down and shrink away from us!

then we change to 'pick up' pose and he walks towards us...