+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation or period?

So I'm new here and this is my first post so forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I got my implanon implant out on the 3/8/2012 after having for exactly 2 years and I started on BC pills that day.
    I got my period back that day too, but because of where I started on the BC pills it only lasted a day.
    My boyfriend and I are VERY sexually active. I missed ALOT of pills all through my cycle, maybe half of them. (I didnt take the forgotten ones the next day either I just missed them altogether) might I add that I took 500mg of ZEDD antibiotics on the day I started on the pill too.
    In the past week or so I noticed that my boobs were not overly sensitive but they were pretty sore. 3 days before I was due for my period, I took a hpt that came back negative.
    Yesterday (period was due in 2 days according to birth control pack) I noticed a sharp pain in my abdomen almost like period pain although I never really get period pain as I have had the implanon in. I went to the bathroom later that day to notice I had a deep brown discharge. Today (period is due tomorrow) i have what seems to be my period only much lighter and the blood is very bright and the cramps and pains are still here.
    Could I have taken the test too soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If you've just come off the implanon and have started another hormonal Contraception your body probably doesn't know what's hit it. It will probably take a little while for it to get into a rhythm.

However, if you haven't been taking the pill properly there's definitely a chance you could be pregnant, so take another test if you're not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    If you've just come off the implanon and have started another hormonal Contraception your body probably doesn't know what's hit it. It will probably take a little while for it to get into a rhythm.

However, if you haven't been taking the pill properly there's definitely a chance you could be pregnant, so take another test if you're not sure.
    100% this ^^

Give it a week and test again-if it's still negative and you think you are, go to the doctors.
    If it turns out you're not (and you don't want to be which I'm assuming because you are on birth control), talk to your doctor about the right birth control for you.
    Remembering to take a pill can take some getting use to and there are better alternatives that might better suit you.

Good luck.