+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default EBay Wedding Dresses - Custom Made

Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    if you're looking for ideas there are 1000000s of wedding things on pinterest
    Why didn't I think of that! Centrepiece ideas here I come!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    fair call .. rofl - exciting news to hear though ... getting serious now .. lol

keep me in the loop - if you're looking for ideas there are 1000000s of wedding things on pinterest
    The only thing I want is as inexpensive as possible. I just want a nice outfit, a ring and most of all, to marry DF. I'm afraid there won't be a honeymoon or even a night away, or a sit down meal or any of that. To be honest, I don't know enough people well enough to even invite even if we did go for all that stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine off eBay and it wasn't what I wanted. The dress is to small because they only gave me 1 day to give them a size and I didn't have time, so had to go for a standard size. Also, it was similar but nor exactly the same as the photo. But I can't really complain as it only cost $140 inc. postage.

If your going to by only make sure you give the seller EXACT measurements and not just a standard size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

What's the budget? I had mine made by a local seamstress and it was $900, I had expensive lace so I think you could economize there.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    What's the budget? I had mine made by a local seamstress and it was $900, I had expensive lace so I think you could economize there.
    $0

We've been engaged for over 6 years. If we had the money we would most likely just invest it in rennos in our house but our parents' healths are a bit of an issue at the moment. We would most likely get married at home and just have some home made nibbles here. It would only be our parents and DSD attending.

ETA: I would like a pretty frock though hence the thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    $0

We've been engaged for over 6 years. If we had the money we would most likely just invest it in rennos in our house but our parents' healths are a bit of an issue at the moment. We would most likely get married at home and just have some home made nibbles here. It would only be our parents and DSD attending.

ETA: I would like a pretty frock though hence the thread.
    Oh well then if you're not fussy i'd say buy a used gown... They only get worn once anyway and have any alterations done locally by a seamstress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't order from eBay but another site - light in the box www.lightinthebox.com. They do custom sizes, the dress looked amazing and it is really affordable. I ordered cake toppers and wedding favors from here too. The dress came in a few weeks and I paid $50 to have it steamed. I wasn't going to keep it but MIL has had it preserved because it is 'too beautiful to let go of'!
    Just another idea! A very exciting time for you, congratulations!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to michellead For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1347690695.810969.jpg

This was my wedding dress from eBay. I just got a standard size and it fit perfectly! I was 20 weeks pregnant when I got married and I loved my dress. It was less than $200 from EBay.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to boodles345 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get a wedding dress from them, but i got my bridesmaids dresses from them and they were great! http://www.aiko-fashion.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WishingOnTheStarsTonight For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I got my bridesmaids dresses made
    :-) not of eBay but "dress of your dreams" they do all sorts dresses were made perfectly a friend used them for her wedding dress after me!!
    i it was perfectly made