+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    None of this is acceptable.

I strongly suggest you book an appointment to see the maternity social worker at your hospital as soon as possible.

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    what are his beliefs? you say Jewish, but what do his beliefs entail? many do some research and talk to his family to see if this is the truth.

Honestly what sickens me the most is how he is manipulating you? who does he expect to look after his stepchild? You say he is really a good DP....... but he just expects none to look after heat? he sounds mentally ill. your ment to be a family yeah? what would he say if that was "HIS" child.

it's time to start thinking of your daughter, if you want to be a good aren't do what's right for her.

what if your bulbs is sick or has any issues after the birth will you leave your newborn cos he's being a douche ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry about the spelling but can't be bothered editing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Tbh, I understand where he's coming from in regards to the homicidal rage about being kept away from his kid. I'd be the same, to the point of wanting to tear the hospital apart with my bare hands.
    What mother wouldn't do the same? Would you quietly and meekly accept only being allowed to spend the first few days of your babys life, the most important bonding time, a few hours here and there, for security reasons or not?
    Or would you only see strangers keeping you apart from your new born child, when she's the most vulnerable, and keeping her out of your protective circle? < This is how I'd see it.

The rest of it I don't agree with, and if he is abusive, I highly encourage you to leave the relationship, but I do think PPers don't take into consideration of how they'd feel in this situation, so calling him crazy and violent, etc, is out of line and uncalled for. Most parents would react the same way to suddenly finding out they are being kept apart from their children, even if they internalise it...
    Weather you accept it or not, those are the rules. tbh i wouldn't want somebody thats threatening and carrying on like that hanging around in the same ward as me and my baby. It's no secret that if he wants all the time in the world to stay, he should just pay for a private room. You don't see other people carrying on like this. What you pay for is what you get. change hospitals if it's such a problem.. it's not rocket science. And parents aren't being kept away from their children, they have from 2pm. That's just after lunchtime..all the way to generally 8pm.. so that's 6 hours at least of bonding to do. Really, she will probably be in hospital for somewhere between 1-4 days.. depending on if she has a natural birth or c/section. It's not like he's not allowed to see them at all for weeks on end.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (25-08-2012),intruderalert1234  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    when i had my dd...i got to see her for a few moments at birth...5 minutes a few hours later and then not till the next day.

She needed to be in special care...I was sick and could not get out of bed.

Was i upset? Yes, I was.

However, what i did not do was threaten violence or yell at my DH (who did get to spend time with her in special care...on my instruction, i wanted one of us there with her).

When we become parents we need to stop thinking about "me me me" and start thinking about the welfare of our kids.

Hospitals are not ideal for birthing and bonding and having 24 hour access to bubs. However, they are what we have and I appreciate them saving my little girl even thought i meant for a few days I was "inconvenienced" at having her not with me.

Your partner needs to get a grip and stop being an **** and realise there is a bigger picture here. If he continues like he is and you have her prem...it'll be weeks and weeks of him not having total control!

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    you husband needs to grow up and act like an adult threatning to punch drs and nurses makes him sound like a moron, that may happen on TV but you do that in real life then you are scum and you will get charged, I hope that you can make him see sense

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Punching nurses :(

Oh dear!

I'd be gone!

Just so you know, nowhere in the Jewish religion (any of the different sectors) does it say the father must remain with the mother or baby constantly.

What it does say is that the mother and father should not discuss ANYTHING to do with the baby prior to it being born, so as not to attract bad luck.
    No names
    No gender issues
    No setting up a nursery
    No baby showers

It also states that on the first Friday evening after the baby is born (beginning of the sabbath) the entire family and friends must gather in the family's home and pray to the baby so it hears the words of the Torah.

Also the mother and father must remain apart sexually for seven days after a boy is born and fourteen days after a girl.
    No kissing, sex, or other stuff.

Nowhere does it state that you can't have visitors!

I have been in several abusive relationships and this just screams 'run while you have the chance'!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Punching nurses :(

It was never a problem with the hospital I went to.. DH was allowed with us the whole time as was DS1 after DS2 was born they just werent allowed to sleep over which was fine with both of us. It was just a public hospital, it was the rest of my extended family etc that were not allowed in except for visiting hours which was fine!
    I understand all hospitals are different but maybe there is another hospital you could go to instead?
    It's a bit worrying though that you say your daughter is your responsibility and not your DPs you are starting a family with this man... How can she not be his responsibility too, sure he may not be her birth father but how is it fair that he treat her differently if you are going to be a family - that there would be a deal breaker for me! I mean how can you have a family where one child is not being treated as an equal?!
    The whole punch the nurses thing just sounds immature and a bit like he is venting and angry which in a way is understandable especially if he wants the first moments with his baby, but it's selfish for him to not want to look after your daughter - his step daughter so that you can stay in hospital and rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Weather you accept it or not, those are the rules. tbh i wouldn't want somebody thats threatening and carrying on like that hanging around in the same ward as me and my baby. It's no secret that if he wants all the time in the world to stay, he should just pay for a private room. You don't see other people carrying on like this. What you pay for is what you get. change hospitals if it's such a problem.. it's not rocket science. And parents aren't being kept away from their children, they have from 2pm. That's just after lunchtime..all the way to generally 8pm.. so that's 6 hours at least of bonding to do. Really, she will probably be in hospital for somewhere between 1-4 days.. depending on if she has a natural birth or c/section. It's not like he's not allowed to see them at all for weeks on end.
    I can still understand the anger behind it. Would six hours a day be enough for you if it weren't medically necessary?? It wouldn't be for me.

People say things when they're angry that they generally don't mean. Just because he says he's going to do this, that and the other, it's coming from a place of anger rather than rational thought. Is it smart, helpful or possible? No. Is it a human reaction? Yes. Is the anger understandable if we put ourselves into 21 year old, first time fathers position? Yes. Is it a good way to express that anger, his feelings, and display his maturity? No.
    Can he afford a private room? No.
    He's entitled to his feelings, just like every other human being on the planet. All over this forum is discussions about how men don't bond with the baby that well during pregnancy, but the mother has nine months to bond with the baby. It's in her body, she carries it, feels the first kicks, movements, contractions, everything. Nine continuous months. There's nothing that can be done about that.
    While I understand the need for privacy in a shared room, I also understand that the first few days are crucial. Bonding is a fantastic experience, and sharing the first moments of your babies life would be some of the most powerful bonding moments in existance, whether that's a few hours or a few days, they're still important. Would you like to be robbed of that?
    I understand his anger. I think it's important we all do, because at some point, I imagine every father would feel like this. Jealousy and frustration, and the dissapointment at missing out on his childs first days. They miss out on a lot if the mother's a SAHM. Often, their kids first steps, first words, first day at school if they can't get the day off. First sentence, first smile, everything.
    I understand the anger and frustration if it comes from this place, the feeling of being on the outside of their childs life, just watching, with the knowledge that they can't do anything to change it, if they want to be able to provide for their families, make sure they have a good life, food on the table, roof over their head, everything. I would be angry if I missed out on the first days of my childs life, if I had the opportunity to see it, because work has given me that time.

Just because something is the rules doesn't mean we like it any more, and each person is an individual, capable of dealing with things differently. Don't we all take our frustrations out on our partners, even accidentally? I don't condone physical violence, I don't condone domestic abuse, so lets just clear that up right now before someone twists my words and accuses me of that, and I won't even respond to it in a sarcastic manner.

It's important to realise that he is human, and he is a father, and he is a young, impressionable, more than likely a young, terrified person, and is reacting like any scared, dissapointed and sad person would, which is channeling it into anger.

For the record, I do NOT condone violence. I don't condone threatening medical staff. But at this moment in time, he hasn't. He's voiced his frustration and anger. The OP hasn't said that he WOULD act on it, just that he's been saying this is what he would do. When people get angry and blustered, and feel like things are slipping out of their control(and before you start saying he shouldn't be controlling, we are ALL controlling. If you aren't, then you're easilly manipulated and a push over, who accepts things the way they are, and this is a general you and not directed at anyone), they usually react with anger and empty threats.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Renesme  (26-08-2012),Tahlsandbubs  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Punching nurses :(

We don't know the man personally to make a judgement if he may do it or not, the only person here that does is the OP. I think she's really concerned about it, that's why she opened this thread and went for counselling. If my husband said that he'd punch someone i'd just laugh because i know he'll never do something like that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lovesushi For This Useful Post:

Renesme  (26-08-2012)