+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahlsandbubs View Post
    So im not over reacting??? I mean this is unreasonable behavior right???
    Just saw this. Um no. He is being an immature loser.

Grow up, you're about to be a father knobhead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Can I ask what it is that you like about your current partner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    If he wants to be in a PARTNERSHIP with you then SHE is his responsibility as well hun, it does not work like oh i love you, were a family but that one is not mine so i am not dealing with it.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Agree!
    If I was with a man and he treated my daughter like your partner is I would not be staying!! She is my child she come first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Punching nurses :(

Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    From what you're telling here your DP either is very childish or have mental problem. Maybe it's better to have your ex (DD's bio father) taking care of DD when you are in labour and recovery.
    Totally agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    As a nurse in Victoria we have recently been covered by laws that mean if we are assaulted in our workplace there are minimum jail times for offenders. Would your lovely partner like it if people assaulted him in his workplace. Do you think the other poor ladies in your room would feel safe with him around their babies if they heard these threats. In the public system single rooms are not allocated for religious beliefs. They are allocated on medical grounds- infectious patients, traumatic births or caesarian sections, multiple births and foetal death and all reasons for an automatic allocation to a single room where available. All fathers would like to stay however space constraints do not allow for it. Also if I was the nurse in charge of that ward and heard those threats your partner would not be allowed to set foot in the place, DHS would be called to guarantee the safety of your baby and other children and we would have huge issues discharging you to his care. Please discuss this situation with you midwife at your next visit and fx your partner pulls his head in.

Maybe put it to him like this, how would he feel if the other mothers in the shared room had their partners there 24/7 and one them was threatening he nurse, doctor, security etc... Putting his baby in danger because when fists fly innocent people do get hurt.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Punching nurses :(

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Hun this is sounding worse and worse. He doesn't sound like a safe person. I think you should lay the whole situation out at your next appointment and see what help the hospital can give you.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I think you should do this. I am so sorry his putting you in this position. It is not a nice position to be put in. Maybe you should also talk to a Counceler and maybe he or she can give you some prof advice. If his not like this all the time he could just be stressing about the baby. But it dose worry me about how he dosnt care about your daughter? Can you hire a baby sitter? I know they arnt cheap specially for the time you might need. Who knows tho you could tell the hospital and they might let your daughter stay with you. I know of I was another mum in the room ild understand completely. Hope you work it out x

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    You are NOT over-reacting, if anything I think many of us feel you might be under-reacting.
    As a PP said, it's not about him, it's about you an the new baby. I was in a room of 7 women for 2 nights when I had DS. New mummies need rest and respect for their needs.
    A good, nice, helpful, considerate man would discuss plans on who would look after your DD whilst you were in labour (assuming you would like him with you), if need be he would leave you in labour with the midwives to look after her. He would then respect any and all wishes of you and the midwives to optimise your care. When my DD was born I had a major hemorrhage. When I had the first home visit from my midwife she looked at me and said "your job is to feed the baby and sleep", looked at DF and said "your job is to do everything else including nappy changes" as there was still a chance I might faint so I shouldn't have been walking around with the baby. There was no issue with DF, he just did it because he loves me and wanted to do what was best for his family. That's what a good man does.

Please stay with us OP and post, it sounds like you need all the support you can get right now and this is a great place.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

austmum  (25-08-2012),LoveLivesHere  (25-08-2012),Maia  (25-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Punching nurses :(

I'd be getting out of the situation NOW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds to me like he's too young to start having kids. Too late I know but he obviously hasn't grown up yet and probably hasn't thought about the meaning of being with someone who already has a child.

If he's refusing to include your dd as part of his family than I think you need to have a long think about that. I feel for you

I can understand his aggression to a point (not of punching out nurses and doctors - they didn't come up with the visiting hours thing). But I can't imagine having a child and than only being able to see it for a couple of hours every day in hospital. That'd make me really angry too. It is just as important for the father to bond with his child as it is for the mother.

You can go to the cafe and things with him though.. the visiting hours would only apply to being in the actual room. But if he is aggressive like this normally I'd seriously consider leaving him
    Last edited by Renesme; 25-08-2012 at 08:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there,

I'm also having bubs at Sunshine and I too was saddened by the fact that my DP couldnt stay with me overnight if I was in a shared room. The midwife I spoke to was very lovely and said that my DP could come in from morning till night if I was in a shared room. He wasnt very impressed that he couldnt stay overnight but understands that the hospital has very limited single rooms and the hospital has to draw the line somewhere.

I'm sure your DP will calm down and especially once bubs is born he'll be more focused on you both rather than the sleeping arrangements x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Punching nurses :(

Tbh i don't get the over night thing, where i am from it is just what happens, dads are allowed to be there outside of visiting hours (except rest time) but not stay over night, the hospital only has single beds

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

austmum  (25-08-2012)