+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Punching nurses :(

So im going to be having my baby at a hospital in melbourne where if you have a shared room your family cant come in until visiting hours (2pm) . Telling my dp about this tonight when he got home from work and he was not impressed.

He said that if they didnt let him stay in the maternity ward he would start punching nurses and doctors out.. He would refuse to leave. I said that i didnt need that stress when having a newborn baby and just given birth + i would need him to go and get my daughter from previous relationship so she could see the newborn if i had her ( shared custody with ex ).

Upon telling him this again he said that he would say it was religious belief and would not leave as it was taking time away from "his" family.

I was really hurt by this. Yes i understand that its his baby too but for him to not care about the extra stress a scene would cause was dramatic to me. I told him that i would just check out as soon as ive had the baby and go home instead. I dont need the extra crap..

To add to this im not sure if im overreacting due to being tired very sore and i havent had sex in a while due to being sore so im frustrated as well...

What would you guys do????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Punching nurses :(

Most hospitals I've been at haven't made fathers visit during visiting hours only, they are an exception.

His reaction is completely over the top, and unacceptable. Is he usually a violent person? Is this how he handles disputes?
    Last edited by Guest1234; 24-08-2012 at 22:58.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

chubbasmummy  (26-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    normally, they will allow partners in outside of visiting hours...and normally your children as well....unless they are being disruptive. I mean, he will have to go home to sleep etc but normally they have extended hours for dads...ours was 8am -9pm from memory.

What exactly is his "religion" that makes it not possible for him to go and get his step child so she can meet the baby???

Just quietly..is it normal for him to punch things and carry on like a goose?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Punching nurses :(

As RunawayPrincess said usually they let fathers in. Is it the women's? Because it's definitely the case there. Though tbh, if i was sharing a room with you I wouldn't want him visiting you at all! completely unacceptable and he should know that if he starts getting aggro to anyone that the nurses will probably ban him altogether.
    Is he generally this controlling, possesive and aggressive? That doesn't sound good at all

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    He doesnt have a religion its just his beliefs that the father should be with the child as well as the mother after birth.

Im going to Sunshine hospital and they def dont allow it, I spoke to my gf today as well as the nurse. I couldnt believe it. They can do what they want if u have a private room, But no exceptions for if you are in a shared room. your partner and child cannot come in.

No he isnt violent at all he just flew off the handle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Any chance your hubby was just venting? It's bleepin ridiculous that dads can't have extended visiting hours.

If he was just venting and wouldn't really act that way, I'd empathise with him. If he's aggressive by nature and would act like a goose in reality I'd give him strict guidelines and tell him he'd be hauled away by security if he made a scene. And if he wants everything his way he needs to fork out $$ and pay for private care!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Eko  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Controlling sometimes on certain issues but thats about it.. I dunno i just now feel so down in the dumps. I was hoping that if i had bubba when i have my daughter he would be able to watch her but he made it clear he will not be and i have very little family support here My sister said she can watch her but she cant for the whole time. I guess i just feel like i was stupid to have kids in the first place..

If i cant look after the first one when i go into have the second one.. how am i meant to be a good parent? I have no help, the ex is a stalker and my current partner now is showing true colors towards my first daughter

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told him about security he said he will take them down too.. He has said this before, but i thought he would get over it or we would find a way, but after speaking to nurses today there is nothing we can do.. It sucks but its how it is..

We cant afford to pay for private otherwise we would of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wherewerewe91 View Post
    Not sure how it works in Victoria, but if he pulled that kinda sh$t up here in Queensland, not only would security be removing him from the hospital, staff would most likely file assault charges with you, DOCS would get involved as he is now violent and worst case scenario they would not allow the baby home with you unless you were going to a different residence from him.

So tell him to pull his head in and stop acting like a d$ck otherwise, his actions for a split second could result in very very severe consequences.
    He sometimes thinks he is above the law.. it sucks he just doesnt realize the consequences

Thanks
    Reviews

If I were you I'd have alarm bells ringing right about now.
    How long have you been with him for?

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

austmum  (25-08-2012),delirium  (25-08-2012),elleandsam  (25-08-2012),Maia  (25-08-2012),Wastingtime  (25-08-2012),~BEXTER~  (25-08-2012)