+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Giving babies antiboitics linked to obesity

Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    No proof, just a theory.. not even worth mentioning.. I would focus more on the overuse of abs in developing resistance to superbugs and the fact we'll all be screwed soon. There is already strains of stds that can't be wiped out with abs... itchy stuff.
    Totally agree. I don't use anti-bs and really wish doctors wouldn't prescribe them for colds because when we do need them it would be nice if they worked.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Giving babies antiboitics linked to obesity

My DD had antibiotics at only a few days old for an infection and she's a petite 13kg at 4 years old. So it's not true for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Giving babies antiboitics linked to obesity

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Perhaps one day there will be a study on the link between irresponsible parents feeding their kids crap and obesity in kids...
    No no silly we cant talk about that.. someone might think we are being judgemental..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    No no silly we cant talk about that.. someone might think we are being judgemental..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    yes cause its much nicer to link it to things that are often out of our control than things we choose to do lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Perhaps one day there will be a study on the link between irresponsible parents feeding their kids crap and obesity in kids...
    Hopefully 'they' will work out what exactly an obese child is first. My dd is classed as overweight according to some charts and my DS is obese on similar charts.

Both kids are within 10% (expressed in kg's) of their height less 100cm's and both wear the same clothes size as per their age or smaller, neither child gets very much crap to eat, both walk to school and home again and both play sport or dance 2~3 times per week.

And before we start the judge mcjudgy finger pointing, I hope 'they' will allow for other causes of a child being overweight and 'they' will also allow for the child who pudges up before they shoot up. I know when both my kids are about to grow, they both get a pot belly and a chubby face and within a few weeks they grow several cm's.

Also hope 'they' will stopped the ad's on tv and media that give children unrealistic expectations of what 'normal' is.

I also hope, most of all, that the message is about being healthy, not skinny.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (25-08-2012)