+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    iiNet! They are brilliant and I can't say enough good things about them. Very rarely have a technical issue. When there has been they have gone over and above to help out as soon as possible. They have returned every call they have said they would at the time they promised. And the prices are very reasonable. iiNet all the way you won't regret it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Who is your service provider for home phone and internet?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Optus!

I changed from Telstra too.

For $109 I get all my phone and Internet capped. The package includes unlimited calls to any number in Australia (apart from satellite mobiles) and 1tb of downloads.
    Same deal as us. You don't get charged for ANY phone calls (exp sat mobs...but really...how often do you call one of those?) I've never had any issues with the billing or the service reliability, there's no hidden charges backing you into a corner, it's all PLAINLY put in front of you rather than the legal looking doc aka 'bill' Telstra sends out.

Oh and if you've got Qantas freq flyers, you earn points when you pay your bill with Optus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I have no home phone. I'm with Optus for Internet and mobile though. Was with 3 when living in a capital city... was heaps better value for money but doesn't work here nor does Vodaphone. Even Optus doesn't work that well here but i don't want to have to fork out even more money to go with Telstra.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Who is your service provider for home phone and internet?

Internode. For about $100 a month we get our home phone and Internet with a generous included calls/download limit. We do occasionally go over the download limit but not often. Their service is outstanding.

I don't recommend Dodo, their service is beyond awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Telstra. We have our mobiles bundled with our home phone & Internet.

We've had some pretty lousy billing stuff ups & our latest move didn't go to smoothly (no Internet for about 3 weeks).

Will look into other options when our contract expires next year.

Thanks
    Reviews

Optus for home phone and internet have had no faults yet

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    With optus now, changing to telstra as the internet speeds are 100mbps. Super fast, cant get that anywhere else in australia right now. Yes the customer service can be hectic when trying to speak to the right people, and that is because telstra get high turnover and little training is done... but when someone knows what they are doing its great.

Also get more download/upload on telstra thats more reliable and does not have peak and off peak times ( which crappy optus does ).. Optus also left us without a phone for 2 days saying it was connected even though a house blew out all the lines in a fire and no one had come to re install it.. my dp had a asthma attack and we couldnt call ambos.

Dodo told us we were connected for over a week yet no one had come around to our home, same with tpg. Couldnt speak to a Australian either sucked big time.

So im going to go back to telstra, where the service is reliable and sturdy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tahlsandbubs View Post
    With optus now, changing to telstra as the internet speeds are 100mbps. Super fast, cant get that anywhere else in australia right now. Yes the customer service can be hectic when trying to speak to the right people, and that is because telstra get high turnover and little training is done... but when someone knows what they are doing its great.

Also get more download/upload on telstra thats more reliable and does not have peak and off peak times ( which crappy optus does ).. Optus also left us without a phone for 2 days saying it was connected even though a house blew out all the lines in a fire and no one had come to re install it.. my dp had a asthma attack and we couldnt call ambos.

Dodo told us we were connected for over a week yet no one had come around to our home, same with tpg. Couldnt speak to a Australian either sucked big time.

So im going to go back to telstra, where the service is reliable and sturdy.
    My Optus package doesn't have peak or off peak

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tahlsandbubs View Post
    With optus now, changing to telstra as the internet speeds are 100mbps. Super fast, cant get that anywhere else in australia right now. Yes the customer service can be hectic when trying to speak to the right people, and that is because telstra get high turnover and little training is done... but when someone knows what they are doing

Telstra have 8 weeks of training for staff. Other providers do less then 5.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're 45 min from Melbourne CBD but classed as regional and can't get the optus package which is devastating as it looks brilliant!
    We will have to go with telstra but I've found them wonderful with my mobile, I usually call in store if I have any problems and they are excellent.