+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Big Brother

I don't think anyone should be watching Big Brother, let alone a 6 year old. That show is rubbish!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FemmeFatale For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Big Brother

No way, it's a terrible show, no one should watch it.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Big Brother

BB has women tarting around in skimpy bikinis, adults flirting with each other and 'couples' going at it in the dark.

Does the question of suitability for a 6 year old even need to be asked?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im trying not to dumb down my kids so no they don't watch it.
    I really don't want them to learn to be entertained by mindless crap.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (24-08-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    BB has women tarting around in skimpy bikinis, adults flirting with each other and 'couples' going at it in the dark.

Does the question of suitability for a 6 year old even need to be asked?
    Obviously it does because she asked. Why reply to this thread if you are not going to have advise?

To the op I would talk to your husband. Does he feel the same about big brother? If he does I would get him to explain to her that as a family you do not watch it.
    A 6 yr old knows there is different rules for different houses. It will be hard because she watches at bio mums place and will complain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would it really be the end of the world if you let her watch BB??? Sometimes we stress too much over things that really needn't be stressed over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Big Brother

I assumed in my reply that her Dad also felt the same way as you did. Meaning your house (as a couple).
    My DH and I were always very united in our rules at our house and SS adapted fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    Would it really be the end of the world if you let her watch BB??? Sometimes we stress too much over things that really needn't be stressed over.
    How helpful?? I think if the OP feels like it's not suitable for a 6yr then she should enforce that.
    I be pretty annoyed if my 8yr old went to his friends house and you were the parent there and let him watched BB and then you told me "it wasn't the end of the world..." How completely disrespectful to my parenting and beliefs.
    I would STRESS over it as its very important I me that my child isn't exposed to such utter trash with 20 something ADULTS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    How helpful?? I think if the OP feels like it's not suitable for a 6yr then she should enforce that.
    Well as the OP posted a thread seeking advice, I put my 2 cents in as to what I deemed to be helpful.

I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to post my opinion on the matter my apologies to you.
    Last edited by OM; 24-08-2012 at 16:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    Obviously it does because she asked. Why reply to this thread if you are not going to have advise?

To the op I would talk to your husband. Does he feel the same about big brother? If he does I would get him to explain to her that as a family you do not watch it.
    A 6 yr old knows there is different rules for different houses. It will be hard because she watches at bio mums place and will complain.
    I was implying that BB is soooooo not appropriate for kids. It has people &$&@$&@ each other for crying out loud. Highly inappropriate for kids. Don't let kids watch it. That's my advice (for those that can't read between the lines).