+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fiji weddins - experiences please

Hi All,

Aftyer the worlds longest engagement, my partner and i have finally decided to tie the knot, whilst on holiday in Fiji next year. There is a big group of us planning on going, and we will effectively be 'suprising' our travelling group with the wedding.

We plan on spending a week on one of the Fiji islands (which is where we will get married), followed by a week on Denaru island. The group has not yet decided on which Fiji island to go to, and I plan to strongly influenece this by deciding the islad that we'd like to get married on, then we will tell everyone that is the island to go to...

So I am keen to hear anyone else expereicne of getting married in Fiji. My ideal wedding will be ceremony on the sand, followed by a private dinner reception on the sand (candles, moonlight, waves in the background...). Most of the places i have had a quick look ito simply do teh dinner in tehir restaturant so I am keen to hear if anyone has been able to have the reception dinner on the beach?

What isalnds have others held their wedding on? Things they loved, things they'd change, etc.

We will have ten kids travelling with us so it will need to be an island that has kiddy facilities....

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Friends of us got married in Fiji 3 weeks ago and it was an amazing experience. They chose the Wananavu Beach resort, which was really beautiful.
    There are a few downsides to it, it's quite a bit away from everything, about 2 hrs away from Nadi and 15 min from the next Town, Raki Raki and the resort itself doesn't have a kids club but they have a pool and a beach and you could hire a nanny, if you ever felt the need for it. The bedrooms don't have any TVs but mine, 5 and 7 who normally watch quite a bit of TV, didn't mind that for a week. It was actually nice for a change.

They would have had the ceremony, reception and dinner the next day at the beach but unfortunately, we were a bit unlucky with the weather and it was too wet but nevertheless it was an awesome experience.

Good luck in choosing the right place for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We got married on the coral coast at the Warwick resort - I picked that over the islands for a few reasons - mainly as we also had a mixture of coupled/kids and i wanted a resort big enough to satisfy everyone ( which it did!) plus if you look at their website they have a little island off the main beach ( you walk over to it) which had a open air restaurant and big grassed area - we hired out the whole thing - got married on the grass area and had the reception in the restaurant overlooking the water and beach , we did tell everyone in advance though so they could make a big holiday out of it, everyone stayed at the Warwick and then some went on to other islands

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BIL and SIL got married on Treasure island and it was WONDERFUL.

Be wary of Denarau.. I've had several people go there and have a really bad time and say they will never go to FIJI again which I think is because of that resort. My BIL and SIL stayed there for a few days and they said it was crap but reallly enjoyed the island. We loved our stay on the island too!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for all you info so far, am looking into the suggestions as I speak!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister got married on Treasure island in October last year. she had a beautiful ceremony on the beach and the reception in their restaurant.
    While it was all beautiful, and the location was AMAZING, the food was very average and the rooms are in dire need of a revamp! (although I do have to keep reminding myself, this is not a 1st word country)

After the wedding we stayed at the Raddison at Denarau, and it was so fabulously beautiful!!! The food, the service the views, the people were heaven! However the beaches were not really nice like they are on the islands. essentially it was just an amazing resort.

It was a great holiday, with a wonderful wedding to boot!
    good luck with your planning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My friend got married in Fiji, they had a wonderful beach wedding but the photographer was not as good as he made out, the photos were nice but they were a little dissapointed. So be careful who you choose, try and get some reccomendations an see his/her work first.