+ Reply to Thread
    missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weight loss help

Hi guys, I'm in need of some advice.

I'm trying to lose 19kg and it doesn't seem to want to go anywhere For a month now I have been going to the gym 6 days a week and eating very healthy (I'm a vegan so there's a lot of things I don't eat anymore that I used to), as in, all fruits/vegetables and some grains/nuts etc. I don't eat anything bad at all!! And I work really hard at the gym. The problem is the scales won't budge.

I'm so frustrated cos I used to do all this before and ended up a size 6 which I maintained for a few years before falling pregnant and other health issues which resulted in me not going to the gym for months an stacking on the weight.

I'm wondering if there could be some underlying issue as to why it won't budge? Like a thyroid problem or something. I'm thinking if I don't start losing weight after another month I'll go to the doctor. I feel like I've lost a bit of weight but the scales don't reflect it, I know I might have gained muscle which weighs more than fat but I really need to lose this 19kg as it makes me a little overweight. I also know a healthy rate of weight loss is 0.5-1kg a week but I'm not even getting that. Am I just being too impatient?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight loss help

I have lost 24 kilos this year. 83 to 59 , my advice is SPINACH and considering you are vegan you won't have a problem with lost of it ;-)
    I'm not vegan or vegeatarian but I had spinach with everything.
    It's full of fibre and keeps you fuller for longer, I also don't eat anything after 5:30pm. Just water and probably my largest intake 1.5 liters from 5:30 - 8:30.
    I done no exercise until after the first 14 kilos were lost so I had the motivation of 1 kilo a week dropping all the way to 20 kilos at 20 week then It took 2 months to drop the other 4 kilos.
    I'm a mum of 3 also :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like you're doing all the right things. Did you take measurements before you started? You may be losing cm's, but it's just not reflecting on the scales.

The only other suggestion would be to either keep a food diary and write every little thing down, or count calories. Sometimes you consume more than you think if you don't keep track of it.

Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (25-08-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight loss help

Thanks for your replies Hmm, spinach sounds interesting lol. I think I need to make an effort to drink more water every day, and I might try changing up the exercise a bit too, maybe do some classes at the gym.

I didn't take measurements, should have but was too scared to I was pretty scared to weigh myself too lol.

Hopefully I see a difference on the scales soon!