+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Youngest medication?

Go see a Chiro, worked wonders for my boy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (31-08-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe ask for a referal to a pead they can work out withyou the best course of action

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Mine was started on Losec at 4 weeks, Zantac added at 6 weeks, laxative at 10 weeks and Neocate at 3 1/2 months.

Worth knowing though is that usually stomach acid doesn't kick in til 4 to 6 weeks so it may be cows milk protein intolerance at play rather than acid burn. If you're BFing, cut out cows millk (strictly) and see if it helps.

If you say she has colic, what do you mean? Really unsettled? Is she windy? Or seems to be windy but can't pass it? Have you noticed blood or mucous in the poo?

Keep harrassing your doc!!! How is bubs doing now?

HTH

Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was put on Zantac at 3 weeks old and it did nothing, infact I think she was worse. Then they put her on Losec-sorry can't remember the dose but I hated giving her meds when she was so little. I then went to a Chiropractor out of desparation and that helped a lot. used infants friend a lot too (liquid gold that stuff!). finally got her to a paed at 9 weeks and she diagnosed her as lactose intolerant. put her on soy based formula and never looked back. within 3 days she was a different bub.

Paed told me that lots of bubs that have bad refulx, wind, colic are lactose intolerant but GPs and MCHN don't know the signs. I hope you are ok, I remember how hard it was and how loud they scream. It feels never ending sometimes, hope your bub gets better soon
    Last edited by pippi; 03-09-2012 at 11:19. Reason: sp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds started mylanta, then zantac at 4 weeks of age. We were going crazy with his constant screams and lack of sleep for all of us. The Paed recommended a 2 day trial of mylanta and it worked so well that he started Zantac (the mylanta was for every now & again after that - not that often as per the Paed). I can't remember the doses, but I do remember it was dependent on his weight and at 7 - 8 weeks we had to increase the dose.

Infants Friend/etc/etc all made my ds 10x's worse.

Hope things improve soon!