+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: For those who went on to a normal pregnancy after a miscarriage...

I had a m/c between each successful pregnancy. Each time i've fallen pregnant after m/c, i've had bloods taken to confirm pregnancy, a dating scan to cinfirm dates and heartbeat, and the NT scan also.
    If it would make you more comfortable to have your hcg tested every 48 hrs just let your care provider know, they will support your decision.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default For those who went on to a normal pregnancy after a miscarriage...

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but I'm thinking I'll just wait it out, even though I will be terribly anxious. Since the miscarriage in Jan I've said I wouldn't have any testing or anything until 12 weeks but now that the idea is becoming more real I kind of think I'll want every test under the sun and as frequently as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After a missed M/C (blighted ovum) earlier this month, I've also been thinking about what I'd do differently next time.

For me, there wouldn't have been any benefit from having extra blood tests, because my levels kept rising just fine for weeks after the embryo failed to develop. But I will be absolutely insisting on an early pregnancy viability scan (or two) this time - the sooner I know whether or not it's viable, the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a blood test at about 10dpo which was positive. I asked the nurse if I needed another, and she said it's up to me, but that the levels were high. After that I didn't have another blood test to check levels. After a history of second blood tests revealing a miscarriage was imminent I honestly didn't want to go through that again. I did test with first response every 4 days and the test line got darker and darker which settled my nerves.

I'm not 10w3d pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovable View Post

I'm not 10w3d pregnant.
    I'm *now* 10w3d pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: For those who went on to a normal pregnancy after a miscarriage...

I lost my first from low implantation at 9 wks 3 days,

I had had 3 ultrasounds in 6 weeks before hand as i got a bfp before i had recapped the test, went for a dating scan, nothing there, 1 week later nothing there, 10 days later happy healthy 6 week 2 day old foetus or w/e its called.

My second pregnancy i knew 100% my lmp but ob refered me for 1 early u/s, had it at 9 weeks.

I also got an extra appointment the week he could boy hear dss heartbeat

Eta with mine my hcg etc would have risen normal, i knew i was at risk off a both bleeding and loosing bubs are s/he had implanted low

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default For those who went on to a normal pregnancy after a miscarriage...

After my missed m/c i peed on a stick every day or 3 weeks. I got a positive at 8dpo (temping and opk-ing) surprisingly I didn't make a drs appointment rift away, I waited a week.. I did get bloods done 48 hours apart, but never had any further tests done. I had one dating scan at what I thought was 6 weeks - we were 5w6d and saw a beautiful hb. I was positive about the pregnancy and just felt everything would be ok, whereas I just felt my first pregnancy something wasn't right.

I'm currently trying to get my 7 week old dd to sleep.

pregnancy after loss is a 9 month head messer.