+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default For those who went on to a normal pregnancy after a miscarriage...

Did you get any of the early testing? Like, did you have your hcg tested every two days or so, for reassurance? Did you bother with early scans?

I was just wondering what I would do next time, if I should fall pregnant again. Part of me thinks I would want to get my hcg tested every 48hrs, because I just wouldn't be able to relax into the idea of being pregnant. I have also sworn black and blue that I won't be going for any early scans. When I have my next 'first scan' I want there to be either a heartbeat, or for it to be obvious that no one is home. No more of this waiting and wishing.

I also imagine not being comfortable with the idea of being pregnant. Never really accepting it. To me, pregnancy seems like such a flimsy state to be in, even though I've had 2 babies already. I honestly can't imagine How hard it is for those who have had recurrent m/c.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suffered a m/c last October and am now expecting a baby boy due 30th October. For me I didn't have repeat hcg level testing (my dr didn't give me an option though). We did one at about 5-6 weeks which showed they were good. He gave me a referral for a early scan and said wait until 8 weeks if my anxiety levels would allow it as if I make it that far and heartbeat is strong then there's a good chance the pregnancy will continue.

I went at 7 and 4 as we were going to Melbourne and had been there when losing the other baby. Heartbeat was strong which was a huge relief for me but I still couldn't relax. We kept it a secret until 12 weeks and even then it was only those we were close to we told.

We didn't have another scan until 19 weeks when we had morph scan. After that scan we made it more publicly known, I started putting the room together etc because prior to that I was worried I was going to jinx it.

So no we didn't have any extra testing or scans because I knew that there was nothing they could do at that early stage to stop it if I started having a m/c again. That being said it certainly was a stressful time and every little cramp I would run to the toilet and check for bleeding.

I am sorry for your loss, it truly is a horrible thing to have to go through.

Thanks
    Reviews

We lost our first baby in February this year, and then conceived again in March. It was still so new and so raw that even though I'm now 21 weeks along we can't quite relax. I had HcG testing twice very early on, but also had a few scares and ended up having many ultrasounds! We had our first scan at 5w6d (we thought we were 6w5d) but got a heartbeat. If we hadn't I would have been freaking out! Our baby is perfectly healthy and so cute, but it is definitely a struggle not to worry! Please just take things each step at a time and try to remain positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I never did extra bloods but I always had a dating scan even when it wasn't the norm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Our loss was due to a blighted ovum. Everything was fine at the dating scan, but it stopped developing at 7 weeks and was picked up at the 12 weeks scan.

I've had 2 healthy pregnancies since but was scared both times. I didn't have extra bloods, but did have a later dating scan with DD. I found it very hard to relax both times. I thought I would be fine with DD as had DS, but nope. All those fears came back. Didn't help I had bleeds with both pregnancies either!!

I relaxed a lot with both after the 12 week scan was all good and then really relaxed once I could feel them kicking and moving. It is hard to get the thoughts out of your head though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had 2 miscarriages between DD1 and DD2 and my OB did a quick scan every 2 weeks until 14 weeks to make sure there was a heart beat..
    Was such a relief at every app to see that healthy beating heart!!

Thanks
    Reviews

The best thing to do after a normal miscarriage is to just wait until the 12 week scan. There is nothing you can do to stop it.
    I had a miscarriage early this year. After a scan at 8 weeks to rule out twins there was no baby found but a large uterus. I had 4 weeks of hcg tests and my levels kept on rising. HCG is reliable in presenting you with a pregnant or not but not reliable in weather it will be viable.
    Of my two miscarriages one at 16 weeks and one earlier both presented rising HCG.
    Just try to relax and go with it, that's the best you can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: For those who went on to a normal pregnancy after a miscarriage...

I fell pregnant 4 months after our mc, had a blood test at 7 weeks and a scan at 13. I was never relaxed with the idea of the pregnancy sticking and worried right up until her birth.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a MC between DS and DD. With DD my obgyn scanned me at my first visit at six weeks and told me I could book and have a scan at any time if I wasnt comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one last year, when I got pregnant this year I got a dating scan which I didn't get the first time, didn't get any repeat blood tests. It is so hard not to worry, I got a dopler at 15 weeks, it is so nice to be able to check if I'm feeling worried